At least Carp and Henne are staying in shape | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At least Carp and Henne are staying in shape

SuavePhin

Resident Montana Griz pimp for Miami :)
Reaction score
http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=8659&m=18

"The downside of bike rides in the Everglades - besides the possibility of alligators - is lack of cell coverage.

Or maybe that's an upside. Still, it wasn't until after Montana's Dan Carpenter got back on the freeway Wednesday that he learned he was headed to the Pro Bowl, which is Sunday in Miami.

He's replacing San Diego place kicker Nate Kaeding on the AFC roster, and he'll be kicking off familiar turf: Dolphin Stadium is host to the game, which begins at 5:30 p.m. MST.

"I just found out today at like 4 o'clock," said Carpenter, the former Griz turned Miami Dolphin. "They'd been trying to get a hold of me since noon, but myself and Kaela (Clawson, his girlfriend), Chad Henne and his fiancé were out doing this 15-mile bike ride.

"I get back into town and I've got three text messages, two voice mails and all these missed calls. I was like, ‘Great. What did I do?' ""

15 mile bike ride, with alligators, can't say id want to try that :lol:

Neither Carpenter nor Staninger knew if any bonus kicked in because of the selection, but Staninger noted the winning players earn $30,000.

"It's pretty timely, too, since his contract is up," Staninger added. "That doesn't hurt any."
I didn't realize that this guy only signed a two-year deal. Hope we keep him!

they'll resign him for sure. I'm so happy Henne is down here too, I really believe we finally found Marino's successor.

Come on guys alligators? I've been to the everglades a bunch of times and never got ATTACKED by a gator....lol just gotta be aware of your surroundings son!

15 mile bike ride, with alligators, can't say id want to try that :lol:

No, you do. It's called "Shark Valley" or "The Shark Valley Tram Road". You can ride a tram or bikes. Ride the bikes. I did the 15 mile loop on bikes with my wife a few years ago. AWESOME!!! You will ride past countless alligators just sunning on the side of the road. We had to stop a couple times and walk around them. It was really incredible. Some of them are quite large.

You can take the tram and have no worries. If you live in or near Miami, that 15 mile loop is a MUST DO.

Back
Top Bottom