At this point, our FA moves are ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At this point, our FA moves are ...

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Defensive focused. Yes we got Wallace and he is a big offensive addition, but we need more. Let me say I love the moves in FA so far so this is not a bash just an observation. All the talk in this offseason has been about gaining playmakers on offense. Only one of our four moves has been on offense. However as I write this, we are attempting to sign Keller which if we do would give us another offensive playmaker.

I'm a little surprised we have not focused more on offense. We need some more speed on this side of the ball. As of now, Wallace is all we got. Makes me think we focus early in the draft on offense. Perhaps TE with our first pick and a WR in round 2. Thoughts?

well, with the whole Sean Smith fiasco, defense became a priority as well. the two LBer's is a little bit of a shock. (in a good way, imo)

well, with the whole Sean Smith fiasco, defense became a priority as well. the two LBer's is a little bit of a shock. (in a good way, imo)

Yes it was shocking. Was expecting more offense. I know we tried hard to get Cook so Ireland is attempting to improve the offense but I wonder if FA reality has turned out different from his FA plan? Which in turn changes his draft plan?

What are we going to do offensively? Add a TE and RT, we still need 2 starting corners and could use a pass rusher . I think defense is the bigger priority

Im calling that we resign smith for 5-6 million re sign long for 8-9 and get keller

i seriously doubt we resign either .... i wouldn't

Keller (if he passes the physical), Lewis/Talib, and Vollmer/Smith/Winston (after Long sets the market -- which will be much less that hoped).

we are doing a good job on not 'setting' the market (outside of Wallace - which was likely required in order to sign him) ... let the Ts come to us ... i absolutely believe we will get one of those 3 to settle the RT spot.

same for CBs ...

Defensive focused. Yes we got Wallace and he is a big offensive addition, but we need more. Let me say I love the moves in FA so far so this is not a bash just an observation. All the talk in this offseason has been about gaining playmakers on offense. Only one of our four moves has been on offense. However as I write this, we are attempting to sign Keller which if we do would give us another offensive playmaker.

I'm a little surprised we have not focused more on offense. We need some more speed on this side of the ball. As of now, Wallace is all we got. Makes me think we focus early in the draft on offense. Perhaps TE with our first pick and a WR in round 2. Thoughts?

The Dolphins biggest need heading into FA was wide receiver so they went and got Wallace. Now that Long is with STL and Fasano is in KC, tackle and TE is the position of need offensively. Still have some guys out there who can fill those roles.

It was shocking (in a good way) as you put it. I can see why he went that way, because the surest way to make the playoffs is to win our division. In order to win our division, we have to beat the Pats. Our biggest issue on defense was stopping the TEs and New England has two very good ones. No team in the AFC East has a boundary WR that is dominant (except for us now). So we needed to get younger, faster, more athletic at the LB position to give us a chance at slowing down, or stopping NE's offense. I'm hoping to see a big FA CB sign with us, than draft one within the first two rounds.

This is a funny thought, after the draft is done, we may have the best WR corps in our division. :brewskis:

Corners are starting to go: Toler, Cox, Houston, Cason, DRC, all signed or expected to sign very soon. Gotta grab someone...

Back
Top Bottom