At what point are they throwbacks? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At what point are they throwbacks?

chriscarter

Scout Team
Reaction score
I have several jerseys with the 'old' logo. Most of them are obsolete (Vonte, Bess, B. Marshall, Fiedler, Long, etc.) but I have the Tannehill jersey from last year. As long as he is the franchise quarterback that we all hope he is, when does the merch become throwback material?

Just curious. I consider the two Marino jerseys from the 90s that I have as gear that can withstand time, regardless of any logo/color changes. I can still wear those jerseys.

Can I expect the same with the 2012 Tannehill jersey???

My first two jerseys were an aqua Marino #13, and I also got a #83 Mark Clayton. I still have the Clayton jersey, but the Marino one fell apart....I used to wash these a lot. I think I have about 17 Phin's jerseys and I usually put them in a dry cleaning bag if the player retires or gets traded. I probably won't wear my Marshall jersey again. They always leave the team right after I buy one. My favorite jersey is a Zach Thomas jersey I got on EBay...I think I paid $60 for it, and I like it more than a couple authentics I have.

I will probably wait a while to buy the new jerseys. I like that the aqua color is more of a blue than green...it looks almost like North Carolina's blue and it should really pop on tv. The white jerseys also look nice. I am running out of room in my closet for jerseys. I also have a bunch of hockey jerseys, baseball jerseys and college jerseys. I might sell some stuff on EBay, but I likely will always keep my Phin's jersey.

I will probably wait a while to buy the new jerseys. I like that the aqua color is more of a blue than green...it looks almost like North Carolina's blue and it should really pop on tv. The white jerseys also look nice. I am running out of room in my closet for jerseys. I also have a bunch of hockey jerseys, baseball jerseys and college jerseys. I might sell some stuff on EBay, but I likely will always keep my Phin's jersey.

You color blind? lol North Carolina's baby blue looks nothing like our color!

Damn you have a Fiedler jersey? Thats die hard. It is so so sad to think he may have been the best we've had since marino (until Tannehill ). I would say my taylor jersey is a throwback now. Along with Ginn lol, Boston, Brown, ricky, and the killer culpepper jersey. Oh no. I still have that culpepper jersey. Man was I young and dumb to buy that one. The Ginn and Boston jerseys I justify by being an OSU fan. All of which are now throwback. **** guess I gotta bite the bullet here. Whos it gonna be?

Damn you have a Fiedler jersey? Thats die hard. It is so so sad to think he may have been the best we've had since marino (until Tannehill ). I would say my taylor jersey is a throwback now. Along with Ginn lol, Boston, Brown, ricky, and the killer culpepper jersey. Oh no. I still have that culpepper jersey. Man was I young and dumb to buy that one. The Ginn and Boston jerseys I justify by being an OSU fan. All of which are now throwback. **** guess I gotta bite the bullet here. Whos it gonna be?

Lol, I would say Ginn, Boston, Culpepper (and maybe Brown) are not worth keeping (just like many of mine). I was just wondering which ones I could wear 5-10 years from now. Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor would qualify, wish I had one of each. ... At this point a John Denny jersey would be a worthwhile throwback!

My most recent dolphins jersey was Ronnie Brown, so it's basically useless now. I do have a Zach Thomas jersey from a decade ago and the pride of my wardrobe, a 2007 Jason Taylor Pro Bowl jersey that I consider throwbacks.

I'd say to qualify as a throwback, the player has to be retired and the jersey has to be an old style.

In my opinion, I have always considered throwbacks of any sort, whether it be jerseys, hats, songs, TV Shows etc., to be anything 10 yrs old or older. No reason further than I don't think it's truly that old until it hits double digits, just a weird thing with me I suppose.

I have several jerseys with the 'old' logo. Most of them are obsolete (Vonte, Bess, B. Marshall, Fiedler, Long, etc.) but I have the Tannehill jersey from last year. As long as he is the franchise quarterback that we all hope he is, when does the merch become throwback material?

Just curious. I consider the two Marino jerseys from the 90s that I have as gear that can withstand time, regardless of any logo/color changes. I can still wear those jerseys.

Can I expect the same with the 2012 Tannehill jersey???

Hahaha awesome you have a Fiedler jersey. Then again, I had a Culpepper jersey :boohoo:, but I only bought it because I bet someone that there was no way the Dolphins would take Culpepper over Brees....ugh

you all just wish you have a Brandon Fields jersey like mine :D

i gave my jt jersey to goodwill when he signed with the JETS. i regret it. i was so pissed.

I threw my Taylor's out the second he became a Jest. that one could have been a hell of a Throwback but....

Back
Top Bottom