at what point do we say screw da season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

at what point do we say screw da season?

Depends how you look at the season so far. I would say if we lose to KC that would be the point. My thinking is based on my perception of the season so far. I saw our victory over Denver as a fluke with half their defense being dehydrated by halftime and having zero gamefilm to gameplan for us. The Carolina victory to me was a game in which they were coming off a victory over New England, probably didnt take us to seriously and we still needed Shulters to be the hero for us to get a win.

More improtant than any of those points is that it's painfully obvious every week people are gameplanning us better and better, especially against our offense. Teams are simply playing the run and playing the short pass and daring us to pass deep. Gus is too innacurate to hurt them throwing the deep ball or even the intermediate pass. If we look like we have against the KC defense which is middle of the road at best or below average then there is no reason to keep the rookies from starting unless we replace Gus with Sage and hope for the best

LtDan said:
If we have Ricky and Ronnie and were to draft Reggie, I would lose all faith in Nick

Hello Dan;

Maybe the selection of Ronnie wasn't that good for the 2nd overall pick after all...Ronnie doesn't look to be the type of a top tier running back...and we had alot of more needs to fill. Should have waited till the 06' draft....for a running back, imho.

BleedAqua said:
That's such a dumb statement I do not even know how to respond...

If you don't...let me;

The Dolphins knew that Ricky was coming back....they also had Sammy Morris....but lets also mention....that we all knew that the Dolphins had so many other needs....yet they use the 2nd pick on a average running back that most likely will never be more than what he is....imagine paying all that money...to a average running back....when we needed a QB....Left tackle....a receiver...center....corner....and God knows what else....so now we have Ronnie and Ricky...and Sammy....and we're going nowhere fast! I'm sure the older players on the defense....understand.

BleedAqua said:
That's such a dumb statement I do not even know how to respond...

You don't.
There are many here that know as much about football as a hooker knows about abstaining from sex.

It's rediculous and you can't talk talk logically to them because they are clueless. Your best bet is to just ignore the multitude of these posts.

Claiming a rookie, after 5 career games, has clearly shown he dosen't have what it takes to grow into a top tier RB is so absurd it's funny.

They did NOT know Ricky was coming back because the league had not agreed to allow him back yet. If you recall his agent did not get a deal with them worked out until shortly before the Dolphins camp opened in August and the draft was well before that. Saban knows what Ronnie can do because he played against him and I would venture to guess that Nick and the Dolphins front office have a hell of a lot more experience and knowledge of how to run a football team than any of us do. I hope he's not but who's to say that Ricky is not trade bait, I still don't completely trust him to get the job done, he's just not the same Ricky. I agree with you, we need an all around solid QB and that line needs work but the 49ers took Smith and you cannot start a rookie QB anyway unless he'sMarino, Manning, or Roethlisburger. I am on your side but I think that saying picking Ronnie ended our season is just not a bright comment to make. Don't be one of the nay-sayers bro, believe in the Fins. This is only the first year after Hurricane Wanny destroyed the Dolphins as we knew them.

Back
Top Bottom