At what point do we start worrying about Minkah?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At what point do we start worrying about Minkah??

Minkah is going to be a great slot corner this year. Now that they are obviously going to be done moving him all over the place, he will settle in and be one of the best Nickels in the league just like he was last year.

Minkah isn't a boundary CB, and he isn't a SS, and he isn't a LB. He just isn't one of those guys who can play all over the place. Now that issue is settled, it is all good for Minkah in the future.

If they continue to move him around it will be a sign of rank stupidity, and that would be very worrisome.

Yeah he’s a nickel back. I thought he could be an awesome FS but every time we’ve put him back there he’s looked lost and he can’t even start over McCain there. He’s not an outside corner either.

He’s a pretty decent nickel back...that we drafted in the top ten of the first round. That sucks.

Unlike others here I'm not worried that Minkah is playing nickel CB. The nickel back in today's NFL is no longer a position where teams put their third best CB or fifth best DB. It's no longer a sub package player. It's a position that's almost always on the field and that the modern version of the game has identified is the position as a place where playmakers can heavily influence the course of the game.

My problem is not with the position Minkah is playing, it's that he isn't playing that position well.

I’ve been worried since we drafted a “jack of all trades” at 11th overall. And I’ve been getting killed for my criticisms for thee years damnit! He’s going to be good once he’s comfortable in the defense. But yeah, 11th overall I want someone who has the the potential to be top 5 at one position. Not someone who is just “good” at many positions. Those guys you take in later rounds.

Mikah calling out the staff is not good for our staff. Mikah was coached by saban he knows what he is taking about. Plus when he criticizes last year staff posters took it as gospel. So I think the same should apply here. Flores and his staff are lost and overmatched.

I actually think minkah looked good at CB last year. I may be remembering wrong, but I thought the stats said as much too.

McCain in the slot. Minkah over Rowe on the boundary. No idea which of the no names can effectively roam the deep field. It obviously was not McCain yesterday.

Mikah calling out the staff is not good for our staff. Mikah was coached by saban he knows what he is taking about. Plus when he criticizes last year staff posters took it as gospel. So I think the same should apply here. Flores and his staff are lost and overmatched.
Meh...if he knows what he's talking about then you also know he mentioned he was out of position and didn't make the play. Just another player drafted early not making an impact like Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, and Mike Gesicki. This is what you have to look forward to with Grier running the show. He loaded up on lots of picks to fill the team with a bunch of mediocre players to get up back to 8-8 for the next decade.

I would be very worried right now.

Minkah’s going to be great, but I don’t think he wants to do that in a Phins uni. We’ll see.

I think he will have a decent NFL career, but i don't think he will ever be a pro bowl or all pro caliber player.

Meh...if he knows what he's talking about then you also know he mentioned he was out of position and didn't make the play. Just another player drafted early not making an impact like Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, and Mike Gesicki. This is what you have to look forward to with Grier running the show. He loaded up on lots of picks to fill the team with a bunch of mediocre players to get up back to 8-8 for the next decade.

Nailed it and the worry with Grier. The returns on his drafts are mediocre. Add Minkah, Jerome Baker to that list. I'm already feeling underwhelmed with Wilkins.

I’ve been worried since we drafted a “jack of all trades” at 11th overall. And I’ve been getting killed for my criticisms for thee years damnit! He’s going to be good once he’s comfortable in the defense. But yeah, 11th overall I want someone who has the the potential to be top 5 at one position. Not someone who is just “good” at many positions. Those guys you take in later rounds.
For 3 years? He was drafted last year.

I just think no one is meant to work out for Miami because the staff consistently decides to use players out of position and against their strengths.

I mean maybe these guys are idiots and if they are they tank isn't going to matter but the fact Bibby McCain beat him out for FS should be a massive red flag.

Back
Top Bottom