At what point do we start worrying about Minkah?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At what point do we start worrying about Minkah??

I'd like to wait a bit knowing that we had no pass rush at all yesterday but he did look bad. And the pats are coming to town so it won't get any easier. I wonder if all this moving him around last year and then this year too has messed him up? Why can't this team draft a guy high knowing exactly what position he's going to play? It's very simple to me. You don't draft a guy at 11 without knowing what he is. I thought he'd be our FS but two coaching staff have decided he's not but lets not blame Grier for anything cause he drafted Howard.
He should be playing FS. He should’ve played FS from day one. It’s ****ing ridiculous.

The last few guys on this team that we couldn't figure out how to use properly haven't panned out too well. I'm talking about our dear friend Ryan Tannehill. Our dear friend Charles Harris.

While this coaching staff may turn out out to be hot garbage, even guys under Gase that we had difficulty putting in winning situations normally bottomed out even after leaving the team or going through another staff.

So what's the realistic deal with Minkah? He looked the very best of Cameron Worrell and JB Brown combined yesterday.

Oh and Minkah was the lowest rated PFF player on the roster yesterday. Yes, you read that right. On a team that churned 20% of it's roster and lost by 49 points, the week of it's first game, Minkah rated out the lowest.
worried from the time he was drafted. There was no excuse not to take QB (whether trading up or taking Jackson) as that's been the one position that has seemingly eluded this franchise for decades. And there have been only a handful of safeties in NFL history worth a #11 pick and he is without a doubt not going to join that group. He was a product of the system he played in AL because he was surrounded by so much talent. Nothing I've seen from him makes me think he'll even see a second contract with us. Another Grier draft gem.

worried from the time he was drafted. There was no excuse not to take QB (whether trading up or taking Jackson) as that's been the one position that has seemingly eluded this franchise for decades. And there have been only a handful of safeties in NFL history worth a #11 pick and he is without a doubt not going to join that group. He was a product of the system he played in AL because he was surrounded by so much talent. Nothing I've seen from him makes me think he'll even see a second contract with us. Another Grier draft gem.
Is poster trolling? The QB we could have got was Rosen.

The comments he made makes it seem like he's blaming the coach it seems like he doesn't want to be here

Definitely not yet. Both Fitzpatrick and Baker are young players who have flashed excellent potential but also have obvious flaws. In Fitzpatrick's case he has also been spread thin being crosstrained at boundary CB, slot CB, and FS, so its understandable that he's not yet settled. Both of those guys are still learning the new complex multiple-front system as well, so they're going to make mistakes. Since we're tanking, we can live with those mistakes and that learning curve. Be patient, by week 6 (game 5) we should start to see more competent performances as they become more accustomed to this defense.

I firmly believe Minkah Fitzpatrick will become a stalwart player for us and a leader of our defense. Just give it time.

I don't think that QB was an obvious pick, but it's sickening how many times recently this team has believed the draft BPA hype and both drafted a guy at a position that was not needed and since they suck at evaluations, drafted a guy that wasn't even that great. We've had holes on this team for years that you could drive a truck through, yet with Reshad Jones and TJ McDonald at safety we draft a guy who is a solid player right away but isn't a gamechanger.

Not worried at all. Defensive back is the hardest position to come into the NFL and play even harder then qb with all the restrictions defensive backs have to play by in today’s game. He was bad yesterday but everyone looked bad and out of place. Hopefully everyone improves but excuse me if I find it ridiculous to start questioning a 2nd year player 1 game into his second year.

I've NEVER been high on drafting Minkah… or any safety that high.

I thought he was a wasted pick then... and I think so now.

Hopefully, he will get better.

I feel like an investor going in and buying equities with the Dow down huge, but I’m very high on Minkah. This is a smart, versatile, talented player. Flores sees his value and is cross-training him which is far more difficult of a role than 99% of the players in the league. I’m not crazy about how defensive he and his mother get. Being defensive doesn’t play well...in life. Not a good look. But, he’s competitive and getting dominated is not something he’s accustomed to. He will be better off when some of his buddies from Tuscaloosa get here. He will see that in time but as a competitor, right now he’s inconsolable. Hopefully he reacts well the rest of the way. Flores is going to need the high character guy that he can be.

Minkah was a huge disappointment week 1. The supposed "position issue" is
more excuse than anything else IMO. The kid and his family need to just shut up
and produce on the field. Don't tell us how great you are --- SHOW IT!

Definitely not yet. Both Fitzpatrick and Baker are young players who have flashed excellent potential but also have obvious flaws. In Fitzpatrick's case he has also been spread thin being crosstrained at boundary CB, slot CB, and FS, so its understandable that he's not yet settled. Both of those guys are still learning the new complex multiple-front system as well, so they're going to make mistakes. Since we're tanking, we can live with those mistakes and that learning curve. Be patient, by week 6 (game 5) we should start to see more competent performances as they become more accustomed to this defense.

I firmly believe Minkah Fitzpatrick will become a stalwart player for us and a leader of our defense. Just give it time.
I expect some mistakes, but something's up. 6 for 6 in passes against him with 2 penalties is more than I'd expect, even with all of the change.

I'm worried about his attitude and think it could get him thrown out of the master plan.

1. Dogged last years coaches as soon as they were out of town.
2. Already crying about current coaches.
3. Mom NEEDING to respond to idiot Omar Kelly on Twitter obviously echoing Minkah's feelings.

The guys has proven nothing in this league, he needs to wipe his tears and shot up and play football regardless of how frustrated he is. Next time I get a project at work I'm going to tell my boss he isn't putting me in position to succeed. Give me a break!

I feel like an investor going in and buying equities with the Dow down huge, but I’m very high on Minkah. This is a smart, versatile, talented player. Flores sees his value and is cross-training him which is far more difficult of a role than 99% of the players in the league. I’m not crazy about how defensive he and his mother get. Being defensive doesn’t play well...in life. Not a good look. But, he’s competitive and getting dominated is not something he’s accustomed to. He will be better off when some of his buddies from Tuscaloosa get here. He will see that in time but as a competitor, right now he’s inconsolable. Hopefully he reacts well the rest of the way. Flores is going to need the high character guy that he can be.
Funny thing about true "character". You either have it, or you don't. It's easy to look like a high character guy when things are going good. It's how one handles adversity that matters, and he hasn't handled it very well the past few months, starting with his tweet demanding the staff let him know what position he would play.

My advice to Minkah is to lay off the ****ing social media.

Back
Top Bottom