Atari Bigby in Mini Camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atari Bigby in Mini Camp

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Reaction score
For the people that went to the mini camps... how did Bigby look? did anyone pay much attention to him. I just really think this kid can be great and wanted to get some feedback on how he looked in camp... thanks... Go Knights! :D

Nasty

As a fellow UCF Alum, he looked really good. He is definetly going to make the team i my opinion. hes had solid practices, good cover, and been rotated in with 1,2, & 3 teams.

awing_pilot said:
As a fellow UCF Alum, he looked really good. He is definetly going to make the team i my opinion. hes had solid practices, good cover, and been rotated in with 1,2, & 3 teams.

Eventhough there's a long way from here until TC and cuts being made, what makes you think he will make the team? I ask that question to find out what you observed. Was he making plays all over the field? Did he look like one of the top S in practice? I don't think the fact that he was rotated means anything as many of the players would be rotated simply for evaluation purposes. Let me know please.

He played good coverage, was very aggresive, and looked pretty smooth and comfortable. By no means did I want to infer that he was anywhere near a starter, but I saw coaches praising him and him speaking with other vets. No one came out and said he was fabulous but he seemed to be just as capable as anyone else on the field

he did look good... I saw him bat 2 balls away....no ints....but he seemed to be comfortable in the system...he even got a pat on the back from Saban in cover drills....

Krie30511 said:
he did look good... I saw him bat 2 balls away....no ints....but he seemed to be comfortable in the system...he even got a pat on the back from Saban in cover drills....

A pat on the back from Saban? wow... he must have impressed him because I just dont see Saban as the congradjulating type... Glad to hear he looked good!

Nasty

Saban does congratulate players for doing things well. A vivid memory stands out that actually involved Travis Daniels. Travis was playing man to man and gave a guy way too much cushion on a play. The receiver caught a pass at the line of scrimmage. Travis kinda waited for the receiver to come to him and therefore the receiver picked up at least 5 yards. Saban was pissed and tore into Travis. The very next play they ran the same thing and Travis busted the receiver for no gain. It happened right by the sidelines. Saban ran onto the field and gave Travis a high five. The place was rocking.

awing_pilot said:
Did Bigby play FS or SS in college? And where did he play at mini-camp?

when i was at mini camp Saban gave him a thumbs-up. Shortly after that he put his hand in the shape of a phone towards his ear and mouth and whispered to Bigby 'call me'...... just kidding, i wasnt at minicamp, but i think if you see a coach giving someone a 'pat on the back' you shouldnt think anything of it IMO.

Of course, when I went, it was FTU

FinNasty23 said:
"Go Knights!":D
There's more than one of us?
awing_pilot said:
"As a fellow UCF Alum, he looked really good."
Class of '78 ! Reach for the stars!

bright-light said:
Did Bigby play FS or SS in college? And where did he play at mini-camp?

He played SS at UCF if memory serves me correct, and he split time at minicamp from what i could tell (mostly SS though)

awing_pilot said:
He played SS at UCF if memory serves me correct, and he split time at minicamp from what i could tell (mostly SS though)

Ya... he played SS in college. Do you guys think that he would be able to play FS for us or just SS. He has pretty decent range as well as adaquit speed (not a burner or anything) but hits so damn hard. He is obviously a better fit at SS but we have T Jones at SS. I was wondering if you guys think he can challenge for the FS spot since Tillman isnt exactly a stud and both him and Y.Bell are very very injury prone especially with Tillman comming of surgery...

Nasty

I am hoping that he can play FS for us because i think we are covered at SS for right now. Lets all just hope that Bigby will impress the heck out of the coaches during TC and Pre-Season to give him a spot on the roster. Maybe he will even be in the mix for the FS job.

anyone else think he might be able to play FS for us?

Back
Top Bottom