Athletic D | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Athletic D

j-off-her-doll

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The morning after, the win is finally starting to sink in - beyond a sense of abstract joy.

Thinking about the team we are today, really, the defense we are today, I don't know that there is a more athletic defensive unit in the NFL - from line to secondary.

What other starting CB's have the size and speed of V. Davis and J. Allen? You're talking about two 200 lb CB's with good height, who ran right around 4.4 flat. I believe J. Allen actually ran a 4.38.

What other pair of safeties can boast a 4.33 FS and a guy as fast and strong as Bell at SS?

Our ILB's ran 4.56 (Dansby), 4.59 (Carpenter), and 4.63 (Dobbins) 40s. Dansby and Carpenter are both listed at 250 or over, and Dobbins is listed at 245.

In Wake you have guy who posted the 2nd highest vertical in combine history. Misi is not abnormally fast, but he's plenty fast, and he has an abnormal blend of agility, acceleration, and strength.

As far as 3-4 fronts go, Odrick, Starks, Langford, and Soliai have an outstanding combination of fluidity and power.

. . .

This D just possesses a rare blend of speed/agility and size/power. From top to bottom, I can't think of another defensive unit that can match us in this way.

Ye miami said they wanted to get faster on defence, and boy they did and a good job too.............

Agreed. Very refreshing. Quickness and athletiscm in the seconday is so important nowadays as well, as we saw when we had a slow turd in Gerbil Wilson. Who was taking poor angles an getting toasted all year last season. Clemons covers ground fast as sh*t, and is a sure tackler. Gotta love it. Feel really good about our personnel right now. Nolan,
Keep doing your thang boss!

Re-watched the game last night and was blown away by the speed and relentlessness of this Defense.

Dansby makes the LB core SO MUCH better it's ridiculous. This time last year, with a 14-10 lead in the 4th on the road against the Vikes, you knew we'd lose that game. The difference this year is we have closers.

BTW one stat that hasn't been mentioned much is 4th down efficiency. The All Mighty Adrian Peterson & Brett Favre went 1/4 on 4th down. Take that Brad Childress!

Re-watched the game last night and was blown away by the speed and relentlessness of this Defense.

Dansby makes the LB core SO MUCH better it's ridiculous. This time last year, with a 14-10 lead in the 4th on the road against the Vikes, you knew we'd lose that game. The difference this year is we have closers.

BTW one stat that hasn't been mentioned much is 4th down efficiency. The All Mighty Adrian Peterson & Brett Favre went 1/4 on 4th down. Take that Brad Childress!

Last year, we would have lost by around 20. Our D wouldn't have forced the TO's or stopped the Vikings at all.

The D is really shaping into something to be excited about. I just hope the O can get their act together and get more TDs, but hey we're 2-0 coming into Jets week and we could not ask for more.

Back
Top Bottom