Athlon Sports Ranks Dolphins' Laremy Tunsil Outside 10 Best Ots In Nfl | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Athlon Sports Ranks Dolphins' Laremy Tunsil Outside 10 Best Ots In Nfl

OL are almost rated in alignment with the unit as a whole. As long Miami's OL is a bottom 5 unit it's unlikely Tunsil or any other player on the OL is going to be recognized as a top 10 player at their respective position.

Moving on from Tannehill should help the OL as a unit look significantly better moving forward.

You're kidding right? Long isn't anywhere near Tunsil's effortless ability.

I think Tunsil is excellent and will be top 3, but I'd take a healthy Long. His kick step was even faster and he was a better run blocker. Long would have been HoF if he would had stayed healthy...first couple years he was just dominant.

He is not on the level of A healthy Jake Long that’s for sure.

Long and Incognito were 2 guys I'd want on my o-line. Unfortunately, injuries took their toll on Jake, and Philbin preferred weak "finesse" guys like Martin, Thomas, and Turner over the tough and physical Incognito. Tunsil looks good because the rest of the line sucks. True, Tunsil didn't give up a lot of sacks, but IMO that's because other defenders were able to get past the other o-linemen and get to the QB quicker than Tunsil's man. I've seen Tunsil pushed backward plenty of times.

I'd take a line full of healthy Longs and Incognitos any day over the likes of Tunsil and James!

Whoever put this together probably didn't watch any Dolphins games.

Ok tell me how Tunsil is better we’re not talking potential

View attachment 21460 Some people have no clue what they utter out of their mouths. Tunsils best year was in 2018 with a 74.0 pff grade

Pot meet kettle.

You have yet to back up why you think he's a top shelf OT or why X is a top shelf corner other than "DeR TheY'Re on mY FaVoRiTe TeAmMMMm"

No thank you! As i'm sure you're about to tell me Jake Long was the better pick over Matt Ryan in the 2008 draft too.

tenor.gif

I think Tunsil is excellent and will be top 3, but I'd take a healthy Long. His kick step was even faster and he was a better run blocker. Long would have been HoF if he would had stayed healthy...first couple years he was just dominant.
This. I can’t believe people have forgotten how fast his kick step was. He looked like he false started on every play. He was also a mauler in the run game. He was dominant his first 3 years while Tunsil has had ups and downs. Tunsil is good and will get better and better but Long was special and a HOF guy had he been able to stay healthy. A healthy Long vs Tunsil and I’m taking Long every day all day. I like Tunsil - but he’s not yet at the level Jake was at the same stage of their careers.

If anyone wants to Grade Tunsil with the line support he has had, " Its utterly ridiculous"

The line Jake Long played on was leaps and bounds better than what Tunsil has had.
Our coaching staff was putrid still but the focal point was the trenches and our running game. And we were good at it.

Comparing their production is hilarious.

I loved Jake Long as much as any fan, but this argument was over before it started in my eyes.

Jake Long was fairly average as a player. Probably the most overhyped player on this board.

He was ok but he wasn't great. He was constantly getting absolutely clowned by guys like Dwight Freeney, John Abraham, etc. Even guys like Abraham's backup Kroy Biermann.

Give me Tunsil.

Nope Jake Long was the wrong pick.

He was still better to this point than Tunsil can dream to be

I disagree, Long was the right pick.

You take the best football player available when you don't believe in the QB (Melty Ice), I also think the Giants were correct in taking Saquon last year over Scam Darnold or anyone else at that spot, time will tell.

4 pro bowls in his first 4 years for Long, including a first and second team all pro. Injuries are obviously hard to predict, and had Long stayed healthy I absolutely believe he would have had a better career than Melty Ice so he was the right pick at the time of the selection.

People also forget how bad our oline was before Long was selected, no chance we make the playoffs in 08 with Ryan (sadly one of my finest memories as a Dolfan) and I would have lmao at watching this fan base push Melty out of town simply because he had no offensive line or quality coaching (and he's not a special talent imo).

Take the BPA, build the team up, and grab your potential franchise QB when the opportunity presents itself like we wisely did with Rosen.

Matt Ryan has actually had a better career than I expected because he didn't seem too special at B.C, but I looked and read about Long and projected Jonathan Ogden type potential.

Amazingly Long was even playing up to that potential for the first 4 years before the injuries started, I would take a Jonathan Ogden over a Matt Ryan even though Ryan turned out better than I thought every day of the week.

Last edited:
Same with Tunsil as with X Tunsil gets nicked up and misses time which hurts how he is viewed.

Back
Top Bottom