ATL vs MIA prediction from the AJC | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATL vs MIA prediction from the AJC

The fact that they are predicting us scoring 34 must be a huge indictment on Atlanta's defense.

Falcons vs. Dolphins - Loss (Falcons 27, Dolphins 34)
Tough, hard fought game until the end. Late field goal puts Dolphins ahead for good and they claim the W.

Let's analyze this for a second? Late FG puts us up for good....so what was the score before the FG that it would 'put us up'? 27-25? 27-26? 27-27? most logical would be 27-27....but then did we go on to get 2 safety's VERY late in the game? Were we down 27-25 (3 TD, 2 Safety's?) then got he FG to go up 28-27, then added a late TD with a missed XP?? I find his scenario very unlikely.

I like that they predicted us to win, but that's a really terribly written piece. If I was that guy's editor, I'd have had a field day with that hunk of junk.

There are a lot of awkward and confusing phrases in it.

How does Eric Green make the list of off season acquisitions, but Jake Grove does not? For that matter, how does Derek Smith make the list of losses, but not Samson Satele? The troubling aspect of that is there is no rhyme or reason to it. If he's trying to go strictly off free agency, Al Johnson is the guy that counts in the league's compensatory formula, not Derek Smith. And then he's got Matt Roth on IR which is just plain inaccurate. Saying he is on PUP would be more accurate, but still not quite right.

He caps it off by outlining how the Dolphins will win the game with a late field goal, and yet come out on top by 7 points.

Yikes. Is that what journalism is like in Atlanta? If so, I ought to respect our guys a little more.

Falcons vs. Dolphins - Loss (Falcons 27, Dolphins 34)
Tough, hard fought game until the end. Late field goal puts Dolphins ahead for good and they claim the W.

Let's analyze this for a second? Late FG puts us up for good....so what was the score before the FG that it would 'put us up'? 27-25? 27-26? 27-27? most logical would be 27-27....but then did we go on to get 2 safety's VERY late in the game? Were we down 27-25 (3 TD, 2 Safety's?) then got he FG to go up 28-27, then added a late TD with a missed XP?? I find his scenario very unlikely.

More like we were up 31-27 before we kicked a final field goal to make it an even touchdown lead.

More like we were up 31-27 before we kicked a final field goal to make it an even touchdown lead.

he said 'late field goal puts Dolphins ahead"

that means we weren't ahead, then we got a late FG, and that put us ahead.

If he is going to predict things in such detail....he should at least make sure his final score jives with it. :up:

I really hope Fergie and Soliai can keep Turner under wraps; he scares me more than Ryan to Roddy White.

34-27 mehhh not so likely. I can buy 24-21 or 24-27 even 20-17 type score. But, their bad secondary has to be taken into account. I see many an opportunity for Mr. Ginn on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom