Atlanta Seems Similar To The Texans in terms of Team Makeup - Will Be A Good Test | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atlanta Seems Similar To The Texans in terms of Team Makeup - Will Be A Good Test

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Both have good young quarterbacks. A stud receiver. Good tight ends. Solid pass-rush heavy defenses. Seems to me, game planning excepted (won't be any) the 1st 3 quarters of this game will be telling. :crazy:

their defenses are entirely different. Atlanta runs a 4-3 and relies on smaller, more athletic DLmen and agile LBs. their CB's might be as good as any combo in the league. their safeties are solid. Houston runs an attacking 3-4 scheme, built around J.J. Watt up front. their LB corps is loaded. their secondary is somewhat vulnerable. still a very good defense all around.

Both are solid teams. I hope to see improvement in all three phases.

The Texans defense is vastly superior.

And of course Atlanta's QB is vastly superior to Houston's.

Both have good young quarterbacks. A stud receiver. Good tight ends. Solid pass-rush heavy defenses. Seems to me, game planning excepted (won't be any) the 1st 3 quarters of this game will be telling. :crazy:
Atlanta's receivers are better than the Texans. If you've not been watching the preseason Julio Jones has been blowing up and they still have Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez and a pretty good slot receiver in Harry Douglas who abuse the heck out of us last year in the preseason. Texans still have a better running game but Michael Turner is no slouch.

Our defense will be tested.

It's Vontae's time to earn his starting job back imo. Stop Julio and he's earned it

Don't expect the Falcons to run the ball much in this game. They have been pass heavy in the first 2 preseason games. Let's see how the Dolphins D performs. They were horrible vs the Panthers.

It should be interesting to see what our d-backs are able to do against Julio Jones, Roddy White and Tony G.

Back
Top Bottom