Atrocious coaching | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atrocious coaching

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Miami lost this game because of bad coaching. Poor use of timeouts in both halves. Firstly, why do you have carpenter attempt a 51 yd FG when he missed from 47 and 48 last week and his two earlier makes today were iffy. I was screaming for a punt as Arizona was going nothing on offense up until that point. The missed FG leads to a momentum shift and kills the morale for the defense coming in on a short field. Then in the 2nd half two timeouts are wasted and Miami sits on the one timeout and 20 secs to play of regulation opting to play for ot where they ultimately lose. Coaching has got to be better,wasted career days of tannehill, hartline, Sean smith and 8 sacks from the defense.

The coaching didn't cause Brian Hartline to slip. The coaching didn't cause Arizona to cause a fumble while the QB was on his second step back in the pocket. The coaching didn't cause Tannehill to try to sling a ball up into the air with a lineman draped over his back and everything collapsing on top of him.

The coaching was responsible for putting Legedu Naanee on the field, though. I will grant you that.

Because even if a player f's up (yes even Carpenter) you don't give up on them or lose confidence in them. Being that Carpenter is the lone man out there for kicker it's not like we can put Hartline out there to kick, even though I'd like to see him try...

Blaming Carpenter is a fail if you ask me . . . . too many other things happened well after the miss to blame him squarely. These things happen to a team learning to win games. Just keep improving and the wins will happen.

Because even if a player f's up (yes even Carpenter) you don't give up on them or lose confidence in them. Being that Carpenter is the lone man out there for kicker it's not like we can put Hartline out there to kick, even though I'd like to see him try...

But it was 51 yards, carpenter has shown he's not one of the best kickers in the league. Especially since carpenter is struggling with fgs longer than 45 yards.

Blaming Carpenter is a fail if you ask me . . . . too many other things happened well after the miss to blame him squarely. These things happen to a team learning to win games. Just keep improving and the wins will happen.

Bingo. Carp missed a 51 yard field goal (not an easy kick) but he also made a good play to save a touchdown on the OT kickoff. Carpenter has been very poor, but he wasn't the reason for the loss. The reason for the loss was three turnovers late in the game and a defense that couldn't cover a no namer on 4th and 10.

No one blames carpenter for this loss. At least I'm not. I blame coaching for putting him in that situation. Coaches should know by now carpenter sucks

They should've called a timeout on that jailbreak blitz in OT though. That or run a bootleg if you keep having dudes blitz the A gap 3 plays in a row.

I cannot get over the RT fumble. That is the story of the game. Bush is running it well. We are in Arizona's territory. They are about to use TO's and we ****ing throw it. FML.

If the coaching was atrocious how did we almost beat one of the best teams in the laegue and tear up one of the best defenses. Also the first time out wasn't philbins fault. He was pissed. Read his lips "****, ****ing unbeleivable. After hard knocks didn't know he even cussed. Thought he was a saint.

2:58 left. 2nd and 8. WTF. Why, why, why???

Billy Cundiff was just 0-3. Then kicked a game winning field goal. Yet our K goes 2-3 and cost us the game..smh Same story.

Miami lost this game because of bad coaching. Poor use of timeouts in both halves. Firstly, why do you have carpenter attempt a 51 yd FG when he missed from 47 and 48 last week and his two earlier makes today were iffy. I was screaming for a punt as Arizona was going nothing on offense up until that point. The missed FG leads to a momentum shift and kills the morale for the defense coming in on a short field. Then in the 2nd half two timeouts are wasted and Miami sits on the one timeout and 20 secs to play of regulation opting to play for ot where they ultimately lose. Coaching has got to be better,wasted career days of tannehill, hartline, Sean smith and 8 sacks from the defense.
Ya you are right....why have a FG kicker kick a VERY makable FG. Seriously this has to go down as the worst thread of the day!:rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom