Attacking teams weaknesses | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attacking teams weaknesses

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
Someone help me...You watch a team like NE and its clear they have a plan on How to attack a team and that plan usually is focused on where that team is weakest. How is it that watching our team we seem to employ the same game plan for every team. Case and point, Houston weakness seems to be their secondary: C.Gate easily got pass the secondary: PI call, B.Marshall can easily can dominate J.Allen; Outside of those two plays nothing else to exploit that weakness. Football gurus what am i not seeing or understanding? Why does our game plan never really look specific?

Someone help me...You watch a team like NE and its clear they have a plan on How to attack a team and that plan usually is focused on where that team is weakest. How is it that watching our team we seem to employ the same game plan for every team. Case and point, Houston weakness seems to be their secondary: C.Gate easily got pass the secondary: PI call, B.Marshall can easily can dominate J.Allen; Outside of those two plays nothing else to exploit that weakness. Football gurus what am i not seeing or understanding? Why does our game plan never really look specific?

Dude I have been attacking Tony Sparano for the better part of 2 years now! Isn't that our weakness ;-)

Dude I have been attacking Tony Sparano for the better part of 2 years now! Isn't that our weakness ;-)

Lol, i guess at the end of the day its that simple. But seriously i dont get it...if i know a team has a weak secondary, a weak player etc the majority of my plays are going to be designed to exploit that unit or specific player.

Miami actually did attack the Texans weakness..We ran the ball thats their weakness..Thats the weakness in a Wade Phillips d. The problem was 2 missed two chip shots fgs. Drop Td passes and our D could not get off the field!!

Miami actually did attack the Texans weakness..We ran the ball thats their weakness..Thats the weakness in a Wade Phillips d. The problem was 2 missed two chip shots fgs. Drop Td passes and our D could not get off the field!!

Okay..considering we always try to run the ball! You'll excuse me if i didn't see that as a specific game plan for that team. What about the weakness in their secondary? specifically Jason Allen covering B.Marshall, is their any reason why we didn't got to that match up more? Or when were running a hurry up and Henne politely waits for their defensive players to run off the field(substitution) and waits for them to get lined up and then decides.."okay both sides are set now, so lets run the play"?

Sparano answers all your questions! Got does game plan, adjust, or attack weakness! He just plays to kick a field goals and keep it close.

Tuna we most certainly didnt attack with run we established it in 3rd qt down 2 scores against a defense playing not to give up a big pass play! Huge difference there!

It's difficult to attack the other team's weakness when you're using the majority of your coaching prowess to fix what's wrong with your own units every game. They can't stop other teams from attacking Miami's weaknesses long enough to reverse the cycle....

That boils down to poor personnel decisions.... it all goes hand-in-hand.

Miami is always exhausting all efforts to get themselves corrected due to always being a step behind. It starts at the top and trickles down.... that's just the way organizations work.

The flaw becomes more apparent when it's applied to football teams....

Okay..considering we always try to run the ball! You'll excuse me if i didn't see that as a specific game plan for that team. What about the weakness in their secondary? specifically Jason Allen covering B.Marshall, is their any reason why we didn't got to that match up more? Or when were running a hurry up and Henne politely waits for their defensive players to run off the field(substitution) and waits for them to get lined up and then decides.."okay both sides are set now, so lets run the play"?

They actually did go at Jason Allen. He was checking Marshall on the Td he dropped..The other parts about Henne are true, I was saying the same thing, he actually looked over at them..Stupid.

They should have thrown to Marshall every time Allen was on him. Allen is not physical enough to stop Marshall. Sparano doesn't care about match ups though. Why do you think Carroll was covering the best receiver in the NFL?

They should have thrown to Marshall every time Allen was on him. Allen is not physical enough to stop Marshall. Sparano doesn't care about match ups though. Why do you think Carroll was covering the best receiver in the NFL?

Do you really think Jason Allen was on Marshall one on one every play? After Joseph came back he was on Marshall as well.

Do you really think Jason Allen was on Marshall one on one every play? After Joseph came back he was on Marshall as well.

True! However if im not mistaken it was a hurting Joesph. Thus as a OC my mindset is a healthy Joesph would have a tough time with marshall but i'm not going to test a hurt Joseph?

It's like the awareness level is non-existent with this franchise:

1) Henne watching their D-players running of the field( Hike the ball you idiot, take a shot!)
2) B.Marshall on a player that got nicked up( Test that injury you idiot)
3) C.Gate beating double coverage easily ( Try it more than once in a game)
4) Mario at OLB? really? isolate him on bush ( 1. minimizes their pass rush ability 2. can the new olb cover someone like bush in space?
5) i'm tired already..think you got the point......

The first thing a coach has to know is his OWN system... He has to know it well enough that he can fix it when it's broken by making adjustments. You have to be able to do this IN games... Coaches get fired when they can't fix what's wrong with their units in games. (see Bonamego, etc.)

Nolan knows his system well enough to fix it when it's broken, he just doesn't have the depth or personnel to do it.

Sparano has never proven to me that he knows how to fix what's broken on his end... trotting out 6 offensive lineman doesn't exactly count.

Ireland is responsible for the personnel and lack of depth he's provided his coaches, the coaches are responsible for not being able to use the players that they DO have correctly (Reggie Bush, etc.)

Everyone involved is always a step behind, making a move to make up for the last two moves they made that didn't work... the fans can't fix it for 'em.

That's why I said every time Allen was on him. Allen had Marshall more than Joseph did also.

True! However if im not mistaken it was a hurting Joesph. Thus as a OC my mindset is a healthy Joesph would have a tough time with marshall but i'm not going to test a hurt Joseph?

It's like the awareness level is non-existent with this franchise:

1) Henne watching their D-players running of the field( Hike the ball you idiot, take a shot!)
2) B.Marshall on a player that got nicked up( Test that injury you idiot)
3) C.Gate beating double coverage easily ( Try it more than once in a game)
4) Mario at OLB? really? isolate him on bush ( 1. minimizes their pass rush ability 2. can the new olb cover someone like bush in space?
5) i'm tired already..think you got the point......

#1. Yes your right about this.
#2. We didnt really even have the ball for most of the 2nd half. I would pretty much throw the ball to Marshall every time..I cant recall exactly what our play sequence was tho. So Yea I agree if the matchup with Marshall is favorable throw him the ball..But its not like the Texans are not going to adjust at some point.
#3. Gates should be on the field more but do you think Henne is going to hit him on deep routes? Thats pretty much the only route I have seen him run..All tho I do recall him dropping a slant.
#4. If Mario gets matched up on a running back period he is going to win that battle. Thats when 34 d coordinators dream of getting their best pass rusher matched up on the worst pass protector...Bush is not just going to slip out of the back field unoticed..
#5. I wanna win too, I am frustrated as well.

That's why I said every time Allen was on him. Allen had Marshall more than Joseph did also.

When Allen was on him one on one Henne threw Marshall the ball..When he was double covered he even threw him the ball at times..But you know Henne man, he is not going to force the ball into coverage he will check down often or go for the safest throw.

Back
Top Bottom