Attention Dave Wannstedt and Rick Spielman!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attention Dave Wannstedt and Rick Spielman!!!!

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
Alright guys, I've had enough of this mediocrity that our 'phins have been for the last 7-10 years! When are you guys going to realize that to advance in the playoffs and become a bonafide Super Bowl contender, you've got to take a few chances here and there. If trading 2 first round picks for Ricky Williams is what it's going to take to lure him out of the bayou, then DO IT! If that is unsuccessfull, then go after Fred Taylor. It's been proven by the 49ers that a team which is cap stricken can pull out of it fairly quickly and persevere. All you're doing is settling for mediocroty,average players, wildcard, and divisional round playoff exits. The game of football is based on taking risks to a certain extent. WAKE UP!!!!! Sorry guys, this really pisses me off. What is everyone else's take on this?

:monkey: Dave and the 'phins front office settling for medicroty.

you can see what Robert has to say: http://www.finheaven.com/cgi-bin/newsroom/newsroom.pl?viewspecificarticle&&RobertHoffman&&135 and we shall say tomorrow what Wann-Spiel has to say at the FREE AGENCY PREVIEW PRESS CONFERENCE; however, I believe that our cap situation is pretty bad and will prevent us from pulling the trigger on a trade for a high-priced HB :(

Specifically, we need to augment our high-priced vets - mostly on D - with some low price rookies and bargain FAs or we will be having lots of Henry Taylors and Spencer Folau type players getting key playing time in 2002.

When Wanne took over a he had a chance to spend some bucks which we would paying for now; and it did not take that chance. IMO our cap situation has closed the door on a lot of their options.

Man 54, I can feel your pain, but the asking price for those two rb's is way too much. Think about it, Taylor plays only around 7-10 games a year and disappears in cold weather.(Remember that all of your division rivals are cold weather teams now!) When healthy, yes, he's awesome, but if he hasn't been healthy yet, what makes you think that will suddenly change? The fact is, that once a rb becomes injury prone, he usually stays that way.

As for Ricky, let me ask you...isn't he awfully timid for a powerback. This guy struggled with probowlers at every position on his o-line. It could be ugly with the Fin line. Not to mention he's a freaking head case. You don't want to mortgage your future on a insecure prozack junkie. He's moody and unpopular in the lockerroom.

Getting one of those guys sounds great, but it's not the way to go. The highest I'd pay for Fred is a 2. The most I'd pay for Ricky is a 2 and a very late round pick.

I Feel Your Pain

I'm with you on this one "54." Wanny, Spielman, and the whole organization have proved time and again that they're not much in the way of risk takers. Let's hope things change this off season. If they don't then I believe we're all doomed to another "good but not great" year by the 'Fins. Maybe we should organize a million-fin-fan march on the Dolphins' business offices to get this thing going. :D

it all goes back to the 1995, 19 1st round busts/picks, Eric Green wasted cap money, Shula's last season and how we finished 9-7 when we were supposed to win it all. :(

We can't even sell out a home playoff game......:cry:

Million finfan march...that's funny.:D

What kind of risks did the Patriots take? They signed half the Dolphins rejects from 2000, and added Antwain Smith.

They won the Super Bowl.

Sometimes a TEAM gets it's chemistry right, and clicks.

Originally posted by finfan77
We can't even sell out a home playoff game......:cry:

Million finfan march...that's funny.:D
the dolphins can't sell out a playoff game for a lot of reasons. i've been to florida and there are a lot of things there you can spend your money on. the fans i met tailgating were super, as far as loyalty. i mean when you go as far as redesigning your car to look like a dolphin, thats a diehard!:D

btw, i'll bet 25% of the population of florida is from somewhere else and the only game they want to see the fins play, is if they play the team from the state they originated from!

Originally posted by CHOPS44
Not to mention he's a freaking head case. You don't want to mortgage your future on a insecure prozack junkie.

Awe, be nice. :) I didn't want to disclose this, but I have to defend Ricky on this one. I have the same disorder he has and I am not a head case. :) We just find a way to manage, but it is hard sometimes. It's all good. :)

Originally posted by miadphan13

Awe, be nice. :) I didn't want to disclose this, but I have to defend Ricky on this one. I have the same disorder he has and I am not a head case. :) We just find a way to manage, but it is hard sometimes. It's all good. :)

Geeze, I'm sorry 13. I ment no disrespect in any way. I've been accused of being insensitive in the past and, well maybe it's true.

I have no doubt that manic(spell??) depressant sufferers still lead healthy normal lives, but do you want to risk two number 1's to find out if he's the exception? His job is much different than a normal everyday joe. He's under constant media attention and has a lot to live up to(for his original trade). Trading him for two more number 1's might just push him over the edge with even more expectations in a whole new city.

Chops, stop trying to talk us out of getting Ricky.
You got a hidden agenda.;) :lol:

ha- you figured me out!

No seriously, I was trying to be objective. We shut Ricky down last year. Held him to like 40 yards(and everyone torched us on the ground!). If he goes to South Florida I'll look forward to seeing my team make him cry. j/k-13.

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
Alright guys, I've had enough of this mediocrity that our 'phins have been for the last 7-10 years! When are you guys going to realize that to advance in the playoffs and become a bonafide Super Bowl contender, you've got to take a few chances here and there. If trading 2 first round picks for Ricky Williams is what it's going to take to lure him out of the bayou, then DO IT! If that is unsuccessfull, then go after Fred Taylor. It's been proven by the 49ers that a team which is cap stricken can pull out of it fairly quickly and persevere. All you're doing is settling for mediocroty,average players, wildcard, and divisional round playoff exits. The game of football is based on taking risks to a certain extent. WAKE UP!!!!! Sorry guys, this really pisses me off. What is everyone else's take on this?

:monkey: Dave and the 'phins front office settling for medicroty.

You are 100% correct. And the reason we can't sell out a playoff game is partly because a lot of people that live in the Miami area aren't from there. I know quite a few people who live in Miami that used to live up here in New York, and I know I'll be one of those people living in Miami very soon (hopefully.)

Back
Top Bottom