**Attention dtv NFL sunday ticket subscribers: | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Attention dtv NFL sunday ticket subscribers:

I wouldn't doubt it if you do see that in the real near future. They are doing it now for MLB. If it makes money you can look for the NFL to follow.

Dr. Dolphin 24/7

I'm just a sunday ticket ho. I will pay whatever they want. Damn football dealers, they had me hooked years ago

pretty soon the average joe wont be able to afford watching their favorite team on tv. Im sorry to see you guys are ok with that.

Ticket prices are one thing but this is television! $320 is absolutely ridiciulous

msg said:
pretty soon the average joe wont be able to afford watching their favorite team on tv. Im sorry to see you guys are ok with that.

Ticket prices are one thing but this is television! $320 is absolutely ridiciulous

It's not that I am necessarily okay with it, but it is just business. If they didn't think it would sell, they wouldn't raise the price. Just like when people complain about game tickets. It really doesn't make sense, because people are still going. The only things people can reasonably complain about is when it comes to cost increases is government run activities, fees, and/or projects. Sports, movies, and all entertainment are all free enterprise. They really don't care about Average Joe and to be honest, if I was running those businesses I would be going after the corporate money also.

drdolphin said:
I agree that the price increase sucks but I'd pay a $100 bucks each week if that's what it took to get the Dolphins. I just bought a 65" High Def last season and the HD is great but if all I had was a fuzzy black and white feed of the Dolphins game it's better then no Dolphins game at all.

Dr. Dolphin 24/7

Brother, is that you???? I knew someday we would meet again, :lol:

JBFinsFan said:
I also live two hours north of stadium, have directv with the ticket, and never miss a home game! stop whining about the cost of tv and get to the games and a local sports bar on away games if necessary. I spend $1800 on tickets and parking passes, food and beverage is another $80 per home game, gas (this year will be $50 at least), etc.

Staying at home and watching tv isn't so expensive now, is it????:eek:

i'm not whining, just trying to make others that don't live where oliver and i understand what the nfl does to us and what used to be an "all dolphin area". i was also just informing the folks i know would have nflst of what they are up against with directv...if you don't like it, don't read it.

smaple said:
First of all, HD football is the best thing in the world. Hopefully this added cost will include more HD games then they had last year. The "Superfan" package also includes a channel where you can watch 6 games at a time. It will remind me of the old sports bar days.

Anyway, to my point. People never understand supply and demand. Listen, if you owned a company and everyone wanted your product, wouldn't you charge as much as the market would give? I would. They know we will pay, and remember the bars are going to have an increase in cost too. I can't remember how much they have to pay for the service, but I think it is pretty hefty. You may notice the bars cutting down on the beer specials during the games.

The NFL Ticket (now HD) is the best thing in the world. I live in Columbus Ohio and being able to see all the Phins games, plus any game for that matter, has been awesome and I will pay whatever it takes (or whatever my wife allows ;) )

nope, they will have the exact same amount of hd games as they did last year that was included in the $179 for directv.

msg said:

It's a great deal. 17 weeks of entertaining programing (if you are a true NFL fan) for only $320!

Go to 2 or 3 live NFL games a year. Will cost you more than $320! Take a family to a movie for 17 weeks straight.......will cost you $320!

Hey, if you don't want to pay it don't. But don't say its too much money. People will pay it and DIRECTV will make a profit!

FinsFanatic said:
this stinks, i was planning on gettin the ticket this year, this price makes it tough but who am i kidding, id spend more at the bar getting trashed
This is a $40 increase from last season but I'm not surprised! They just inked another exclusive contract with the league that extends the monopoly for another 4 years. I'd love to dump it but I can't. It's either take it in the shorts from DirecTV or head back to the sports bars and endure the barking of Browns fans. They bark after every play unless it's a TD. For a football crazed town, very few Dawg Pounders understand the more intricate aspects of the game. I might reconsider if we could find a place that would get us the audio but in Cleveland the only team playing on Sunday is the Browns. OK, well maybe the Sti'lers.

Before I got NFLST, I was dropping at least $30 between food & beer, every Sunday. In a "normal" year, that would mean 12-14 games out. This year it would all 16, so 30 X 16 = $480. Two of my follow Phinatics provide the beer and snacks, since I provide the venue and 52"TV.

Back
Top Bottom