ATTN: West Coast Offense missing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ATTN: West Coast Offense missing

sincitybaby

Active Roster
Reaction score
What I cannot seem to figure out is why we insist on trying a gimmick based college-styled offensive scheme, we simply don't have the blocking necessary to pull out the scheme and it simply does not work against the pure speed in the NFL. We have a solid QB in Tannehill and a solid compliment of weapons for him, but we either lack the talent or scheme to protect him (I'm leaning towards scheme).

What we should do is simply execute a west coast offense that Philbin promised us when he took the reigns, since we cannot block for Tanne we must get the ball out of his hands even more quickly. Crosses, slants and dumpoffs until the defense creeps up, then hit the defense in the seams and take one-on-one shots when given the opportunity. Let Tannehill execute the offense, he is more than capable seeing as he is a doctor. Sprinkle in some runs, draws and screens here and there to keep the D off balance and then hit them with Play-Action! It would be real awesome to have a fullback to help block as well, or at least put Dion Sims there when he is healthy.

We have the talent, I doubt our coaches will figure this out but it would certainly work (see any successful offense in the NFL).

As for the defense, well that's a story for another day....

Speaking of old school WCO, NFL matchup highlighted the emergence of former very average DeVonta Freeman. Freeman at FSU never display good vision atleast in the inside game. So after playing behind a worse OLine is Atlanta than even the Dolphins. Hes getting creamed every snap.

Kyle Shanahan reverts back the old fashioned toss sweep, a staple of the WCO. Suddenly Freeman looks like an All-Pro and Shanahan will make everybody's short list for HC next season.

I wish Lazor was a student of history or atleast football.

Back
Top Bottom