Auburn Duo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Auburn Duo

ghostface95

Starter
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Ronnie Brown and Jason Campbell in Fin uniforms in '05'.Hey, throw in the OT Marcus McNeil for a clean trifecta and that will be an B+ draft grade alone.

I'm not too fond of Campbell unless you're looking at him as a 5th+ round QB & future back up QB for us.

I think Caddy is a solid NFL prospect,however I have this gut feeling that Brown may outperform Caddy in the NFL.I respect your opinion of Campbell my man,but THE SAME SCENARIO APPLIED TO CARSON PALMER AS WELL.Now I'M NOT COMPARING THE TWO SO NEED TO REMIND ME TO HAVE MY HEAD EXAMINED.I'm judging this based on only one sole scenario which is before Carson's & Jason's SENIOR seasons how both were very much hyped coming out of high school (especially CARSON PALMER),only to be labeled a "bust" because of not performing to expectations.HERE IS MY ONLY COMPARISON TO THE 2 OF THEM SO HEAR ME OUT FIRST: 1) both had several different O-coordinators prior to their SENIOR seasons..........2) MIND YOU WITH THAT BEING SAID HOW CAN YOU EXCEL AT GRASPING A OR ANY OFFENSE WHEN YOU HAVE UNSTABILITY WITH THE OFFENSIVE PHILOSOPHY AND YOU HAVE TO LEARN A "WHOLE NEW" OFFENSE EACH YEAR.......3) both are strong-armed and mobile QB's.......4) ONCE CHOW TOOK OVER AT SC CARSON'S SENIOR SEASON SKYROCKETED.....case in point......HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER....#1 PICK IN NFL DRAFT.....4a) I forget Auburn's O-coordinator's name but the this whole thread subject popped in my head the night I was watching the Aub-Ala (IRON BOWL game) and the commentator mentioned the fact that Campbell has improved his mechanics,footwork,release,etc. because of an "established" Offensive Coordinatoor.....................OH YEAH 3RD ROUND OR LATER JASON CAMPBELL CAN BE HAD........* DEPENDING ON THE COMBINE...............FEEDBACK ANYONE????

Very good. I was about to come at you hard with the same argument regarding Palmer. The one thing that Campbell benefits the most from is that teams play the run hard vs Auburn because of Williams & Brown, meaning that Campbell doesn't have to read the defense as much because he's gonna see constant man 2 man coverage with very few double teams. When teams played against Palmer they had to play the pass because nobody was scared of Sultan McCullough or Justin Fargas.

McCollough and Fargas may not have been "dangerous" to the eyes of many opponents they faced that year,but when both of them have "sprinter's speed" to balance out the run game if the pass should be ineffective is enough.THAT MAY BE TRUE ABOUT THEM NOT CAUSING FEAR TO ANYONE BUT THE IOWA HAWKEYES IN THE 2003 ORANGE BOWL GAME MAY HAVE A DIFFERENT ANSWER SINCE BOTH DID ENOUGH DAMAGE TO IOWA'S DEFENSE.

Auburn got screwed

the bcs screwed Auburn they don't get in the title game and they have to play the Hokies who they will kill but it won't prove anything to anybody cause the Hokies have no business being there

Back
Top Bottom