Auburn HC Tommy Tubberville on ESPN Radio | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Auburn HC Tommy Tubberville on ESPN Radio

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Just said Ronnie Brown is better than Deuce McAlistar and Rudi Johnson both of who he had coached in college.

Auburn Coach Tommy Tubberville on 790

Says there's no telling how much faster Brown can make himself.

Says Brown has more talent than Deuce McCallister and Rudy Johnson (the two other RBs he's got in the NFL).

Says Brown has the best hands of any player he's ever been around.

I beat ya to it LOL

Merge!

Said Saban want Tubbervile's perspective on difference between Ronnie and Carnell.

Carnell is more elusive. But Ronnie's gonna run over a lot of people. Couldn't have gone wrong with either guy.

Says Caddy has a huge heart. Knock on him was his hands and weight going into last year. Didn't drop a single pass during the season. Added about 12 pounds. Very coachable.

canesfins13 said:
Neither Duce or Rudi were #2 picks. I don't think the value was there.

Well Saban did think the value was there and that's the only opinion that matters.

Says he'd love to see Jason Campbell go to the Dolphins. Can make a team very good very quickly. Understands football. Dad is a coach. Says they're like the Mannings. Had 4 OC's in his 4 years at Auburn. SEC MVP last year.

6-5, 230. 4.7 forty.

byroan said:
Well Saban did think the value was there and that's the only opinion that matters.

No, Saban's opinion is not the only one that matters. Football is supported by the fans, and as a season ticket holder my opinion matters. I can opine on whatever I want and I dont think that Brow was worth #2.

canesfins13 said:
No, Saban's opinion is not the only one that matters. Football is supported by the fans, and as a season ticket holder my opinion matters. I can opine on whatever I want and I dont think that Brow was worth #2.

When it came to drafting, Saban's was the only one that mattered. He was picking who he wanted not what the fans wanted.

canesfins13 said:

UMMMM :confused: So I guess Saban Called and asked for YOUR opinon??

Did not think so, So I guess Saban's opinon was the only one that mattered.

byroan said:
When it came to drafting, Saban's was the only one that mattered. He was picking who he wanted not what the fans wanted.

Of course he picks who he wants, doesn't mean that my opinion doesnt matter. Saban is not god and Saban is not perfect. He has not won a single game in the NFL and has brought in a bunch of no bodys in free agency. He picked a back up RB at #2. He needs to win before I anoint him, he is capabale of mistake.

a bunch of nobody FA? vonnie holiday and kevin carter are far from nobodys

Would be nice if Campbell made it, but he won't.

And btw, if teams could accurately predict the kinds of careers that Rudi Johnson and especially Deuce McAllister would have in the pros, they would be top 5 picks too.

canesfins13 said:
Of course he picks who he wants, doesn't mean that my opinion doesnt matter. Saban is not god and Saban is not perfect. He has not won a single game in the NFL and has brought in a bunch of no bodys in free agency. He picked a back up RB at #2. He needs to win before I anoint him, he is capabale of mistake.

He certainly didn't assemble a coaching staff comprised of nobodies.

As for Brown being a backup.....he also played FB for Caddy if I remember correctly. Tommy Tubberville probably wouldn't annoint a "backup" as the most talented RB he's ever coached.

Back
Top Bottom