August 7, 2005- What it means! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

August 7, 2005- What it means!

Y-TownPhinVet

35 years and counting
Reaction score
This past Sunday, Canton Ohio was invaded by Dolphin Fans from everywhere. My son and I were there and met many fellow fans from New York to Iowa to the UK. I personnally, was almost speechless the whole time because of my amazement of what I was seeing from the very beginning. Chris (age 17) and I arrived at about 9:30 am at the Hall of Fame.
From that point on, I saw history that I may never see again in my lifetime and my son my NEVER see it again in his.

Dan Marino and Don Shula will forever be immortalized in Dolphins history. There are other great members of the Hall that represent the Dolphins, and are very deserving. But Sunday, August 7, 2005, was an event like no other I have seen. I'm a war vet, and still kickin, I've seen Pink Floyd twice in concert (among a 100 other bands), but Sunday was a once in a lifetime memory that will always stand at the top of my "I was there" list. My son, who wasn't even born till 1988, will never, ever forget that day!

Even if you weren't in Canton on Sunday, I know that you watched it all and were as choked up as everyone else. As a Dolphin fan born and raised in between Browns and Steelers country, I was never more proud to be a Dolphin fan than this past Sunday, and now my son understands why. Of the almost 22,000 people on hand, I'd guess that 20,000 were Dolfans! And Millions more watched it live on TV.

I would also like to thank NYFINFAN72 and his wife, he kept his word and carried the FinHeaven sign with pride, and I was honored to meet both of them, as well as many other Finheaven members.

The real reason for these words is simple, I don't believe that what happened on Sunday in Canton, will ever happen again in my lifetime, or my son's lifetime. That's why we're both lifelong Dol-Fans, and will never forget Sunday, August 7, 2005. Thanks to our brother and sister FinFans for an unforgetable day, My son and I are forever greatfull for making history together with all of you :)

Have to agree with you on that one. I was in AWE from the moment i arrived on saturday morning. I actually left the hall and took my wife back to the hotel so she could take a nap after she walked around the hall once with me. and while she was napping, I had to drive back and walk around it again!!!!! they were doing ESPN radio with john clayton and Sean salisbury.....that guy is such an ***. could not stand him in person either!!! but i did get to shake Dwight Stephensons hand, meet RIch EIsen and and Rod woodson and oh yeah.tom jackson...almost forgot about him... the amoung of phin fans was un freakin real!!!!!! i vidoe taped the whole damn thing....had decent seats, i did not want the weekend to end. and the best part is that I WAS THERE!!!!! and i get to tell my son that he was there too!!!!!!! (even though he is still in mommy's belly)....

I had my GO DEEP shirt on saturday but i did not see any more of them??? i did meet a guy from phinatics though...and man oh man was it hot as hell on sunday or what!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES...The heat left imprints on us!

You can see where my watch was NO Problem...:evil:
What a weekend...Something I will NEVER Ever Forget...
GO Dolphins!

I was well tanned, but got red on Sunday. More so than a days fishing. Quite unusual for this area, but I love it. Glad you had a great time, we sure did. I've never felt so relaxed in a large crowd like i did Sunday. Thanks again FINFANS!

Good job guys. it was an emotional day for all FinFans.

A once in a life time experience and I was Glad to share it with my son and all of you Great Dolphins Fans.There are no better fans

Y-TownPhinVet said:
This past Sunday, Canton Ohio was invaded by Dolphin Fans from everywhere. My son and I were there and met many fellow fans from New York to Iowa to the UK. I personnally, was almost speechless the whole time because of my amazement of what I was seeing from the very beginning. Chris (age 17) and I arrived at about 9:30 am at the Hall of Fame.
From that point on, I saw history that I may never see again in my lifetime and my son my NEVER see it again in his.

Dan Marino and Don Shula will forever be immortalized in Dolphins history. There are other great members of the Hall that represent the Dolphins, and are very deserving. But Sunday, August 7, 2005, was an event like no other I have seen. I'm a war vet, and still kickin, I've seen Pink Floyd twice in concert (among a 100 other bands), but Sunday was a once in a lifetime memory that will always stand at the top of my "I was there" list. My son, who wasn't even born till 1988, will never, ever forget that day!

Even if you weren't in Canton on Sunday, I know that you watched it all and were as choked up as everyone else. As a Dolphin fan born and raised in between Browns and Steelers country, I was never more proud to be a Dolphin fan than this past Sunday, and now my son understands why. Of the almost 22,000 people on hand, I'd guess that 20,000 were Dolfans! And Millions more watched it live on TV.

I would also like to thank NYFINFAN72 and his wife, he kept his word and carried the FinHeaven sign with pride, and I was honored to meet both of them, as well as many other Finheaven members.

The real reason for these words is simple, I don't believe that what happened on Sunday in Canton, will ever happen again in my lifetime, or my son's lifetime. That's why we're both lifelong Dol-Fans, and will never forget Sunday, August 7, 2005. Thanks to our brother and sister FinFans for an unforgetable day, My son and I are forever greatfull for making history together with all of you :)

I'm very happy for you. I live about 7 miles from you and couldn't get tix for the induction or the game. It looked awesome, and it was great for the whole viewing audience to see and hear what great fans we have. I'm tired of hearing about the "great" Cowboy/Steeler/49er/Patriot/Bill fans.........ours are the best! One consolation to not going, I DVRed both ESPN and NFL Network coverage of the induction. But still, must've been great to be in person and eyewitness the greatest presentation speech AND enshrinement speech ever. One of the talking heads said it was probably the greatest pair of speeches EVER. Amen to that, and again I share in your happiness. I have a 5 year old son, and hopefully he will someday have the appreciation for the moment that you and your son will always treaure. OUTSTANDING! :couch2:

Very true, words can't explain the feeling of being there in person to witness the induction, I just got through watching it again and still got choked up.

FINSTER, How far are you from the West side of Y-town. I watch every Fin game on Sundays and night games, Sunday Ticket is awesome. If you want to hook up, PM me!

Back
Top Bottom