Austin Davis, Southern Mississippi | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Davis, Southern Mississippi

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Very underrated, excellent leader, intelligent, firery, a good option in later rounds. Broke Farve's records, as well as most qb records, at Southern Miss. High payoff, low risk guy.

Very underrated, excellent leader, intelligent, firery, a good option in later rounds. Broke Farve's records, as well as most qb records, at Southern Miss. High payoff, low risk guy.

If we haven't selected a QB until the later rounds, he is an option.
We still have Devlin too. Assuming we land Flynn, he will be fighting for the 3rd QB spot.

Davis is a great guy to develop. I could see him as a later round pick that could pay big in the long run. He wants to be a coach if he can not make it in NFL.

This was CKs assessment of Austin Davis at the East/West Shrine game practices. If Austin Davis is going to make an NFL roster, he better pick it up.

*It wasn't as bad as QB Austin Davis of Southern Miss, though. Davis alternated between throwing softballs that were catchable but not impressive, to throwing prettier passes that weren't even CLOSE to their target. He missed short, he missed intermediate, he missed deep, the whole works. Cecil quickly identified that when he tries to get some velocity on the ball, he's clearly losing a ton of accuracy. That was one problem I had with Andy Dalton last year, but the problem was not nearly as pronounced as it was today (just one day) in Austin Davis.

Austin at one point was compared to Max Hall who stayed for a cup of coffee w/ Arizona.

Reality check... John Beck > Max Hall

I'd rather go w/ Chris Relf of Miss State to challenge Devlin for the 3rd spot.

Back
Top Bottom