Austin Jackson in Great Shape | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson in Great Shape

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Looks at this side by side of AJ. Looks like the kid finally getting his head right. Oh wait it’s also a contract year. Coincidence? Personally I hate players like this because I don’t trust this type of dedication. Hope he has an amazing season for our sake, but I don’t want to resign him. Rather the comp pick. Tag could be an option, but def would not do something long term.

Last edited:
Looks at this side by side of AJ. Looks like the kid finally getting his head right. Oh wait it’s also a contract year. Coincidence? Personally I hate players like this because I don’t trust this type of dedication. Hope he has an amazing season for our sake, but I don’t want to resign him. Rather the comp pick.

He is only 23 years old. Going into his prime. This is when he is supposed to be his best. Hunt was 22 or 23 coming in his rookie year. Jackson was drafted to grow into top form 2-3 years down the road. Last season he was set back with an injury. It wouldn’t make sense to move on if he puts it all together now. IMO

He is only 23 years old. Going into his prime. This is when he is supposed to be his best. Hunt was 22 or 23 coming in his rookie year. Jackson was drafted to grow into top form 2-3 years down the road. Last season he was set back with an injury. It wouldn’t make sense to move on if he puts it all together now. IMO
Great take no doubt, but hate to be hamstringed by a guy who puts his best season together in a contract year. So hard to trust that. Assuming he has a nice season for us, would you sign him long term?

Absolutely! Really hope it comes together for him this year

Sure let's just give him top 5 OT money rather than resign him 😆 🤣 😂 did you bother to reread your post? 1st you hate players like him and then you don't want to resign him, but you're willing to tag him 😆 🤣 😂 wow!

Great take no doubt, but hate to be hamstringed by a guy who puts his best season together in a contract year. So hard to trust that. Assuming he has a nice season for us, would you sign him long term?

Ya I’d sign him. His first three years might’ve saved us a ton of money on that extension.

Last year is the first season where you could’ve realistically expected some kind of results and obviously he hurt his ankle.

The kid was drafted at 20 years old and missed a year of college football because he donated bone marrow to his sister.

Minus the ankle injury last year, nothing should be too surprising about his path.

He looks to be in peak condition.

He came in as a raw 20 year old rookie that was overdrafted due to a run on Tackles. It's not his fault he was drafted high/given bigger expectations.

If he can show up and put up a good year at RT then I think the team would have no issue trying to get him re-signed.
Not every Tackle prospect is Tyron Smith/Slater etc who are good off the bat without physical growth/development

I think you'll have fans that will ride the "He only worked hard becasue it's a contract year" train. Coaches will tell you he worked his butt off last off season too and they liked his progress, and it was injuries that limited him to about one game worth of snaps for the entire season and hampered him from showing that improvement.

I think you'll have fans that will ride the "He only worked hard becasue it's a contract year" train. Coaches will tell you he worked his butt off last off season too and they liked his progress, and it was injuries that limited him to about one game worth of snaps for the entire season and hampered him from showing that improvement.
Tag MIGHT make the most sense, depending on who else is available in FA.

Tag MIGHT make the most sense, depending on who else is available in FA.
If Jackson does have a good season it will be interesting to see how negotiation go. Do the Dolphins offer him a new deal. If the do, how much $$$ would make sense? If you're Jackson do you try to take an offer based on one good season worth of work or gamble that you can put together consecutive good season and try for a bigger long term deal in 2025?

Back
Top Bottom