Austin Jackson on IR | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson on IR

Thomas is caught in -between now. By that I mean, his only saving grace thus far is that he was a first round pick. He can't handle one on one match ups. Against the Eagles he had a 43.8% pass block win rate. League average for OTs is 87% (USA today). In NY, they are calling him worse than Flowers (ironic). I hope Thomas pans out though.

It is rare to find two solid linemen in a draft, let alone three who can be penciled in for four -five years assuming they keep progressing. To me, McKenzie, Allen and Grier had the scouts focus on linemen who could win their match ups, fit their scheme but have some intensity. These players check those boxes (Jackson, Kindley, Hunt).

they will kick him inside to guard if he doesn’t show progress as a fall back

Left guard

Last edited:
Funny thing about Andrew Thomas is the rumors Miami was going to draft him at #5. If true it kept the Giants from trading down, allowing Tua to fall into Miami's lap. Bet the Giants wouldn't mind a do over
Stroke of genius, plain ol luck, bluff or stupidity...we'll take it. Ha. There were definitely rumors of Thomas.

The biggest problem I see with thomas is the atblete. And I don’t know how you fix that.

9 times out of 10 if the athlete isn’t good enough you gonna kick it inside.

see Erik flowers. No business in that much space

but I’m gonna say some of it is coaching too cause he didn’t blow assignments at Georgia at the clip he is with the giants. He was very assignment sound

If they used him right, he would be solid, asking players to do what they cannot do causes problems. Never liked him as OLT unless you covered his outside shoulder, but as ORT.....a true monster.

It's the Giants fault...same as as Flowers.....

Thomas is caught in -between now. By that I mean, his only saving grace thus far is that he was a first round pick. He can't handle one on one match ups. Against the Eagles he had a 43.8% pass block win rate. League average for OTs is 87% (USA today). In NY, they are calling him worse than Flowers (ironic). I hope Thomas pans out though.

It is rare to find two solid linemen in a draft, let alone three who can be penciled in for four -five years assuming they keep progressing. To me, McKenzie, Allen and Grier had the scouts focus on linemen who could win their match ups, fit their scheme but have some intensity. These players check those boxes (Jackson, Kindley, Hunt).
This is the McKenzie that played OL in the NFL for Buffalo correct?

The team that should have took tua was washington. But they goofed.

their loss our gain.

long term I’d bet cinci regrets it also. Especially if burrow keeps playing to contact
Seriously. Although everyone said they weren't going to get a QB, I always thought it was baffling that everyone thought they weren't... and that was actually true. Pure idiocy.

Anyone hear how Jackson is doing in his recovery? I know he’s 2 weeks in on a 3+week IR trip but there hasn’t been any update on his status or recovery

Hope this kid can come back this season. Incidentally has anyone noticed how bad Andrew Thomas is playing?

He was ranked the highest OL by many and has given up a ton of sacks and pressures so far. It doesn’t help being on that team I suppose.
We got the right OL from UGA ;)

Back
Top Bottom