Austin Jackson on IR | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Jackson on IR

Lol.... Thats quite hypocritical, considering your last 8 months of never ceasing posts about Covid cancelling the season.

You never seem willing to give that a rest. Even if I agree with someone, there comes a point when an opinion has been stated so many times, you don't even need to see the poster's name to know who it is. At that point, it's too much, and just becomes rhetoric.

Well... at least I am discussing a real world situation during a developing story. Today, for instance, while this is blowing up in our faces. Just ignore me if you wish... some do.

Well... at least I am discussing a real world situation during a developing story. Today, for instance, while this is blowing up in our faces. Just ignore me if you wish... some do.
Nah, I only ignore ignorance, and that you are not.

I was just pointing out what I percieved as hypocrisy, in your off handed jab with the "one note" comment.

As far as my view on Covid/NFL, no sense argueing in a no win situation. That only degenerates into an "I told you so" thing.

Nah, I only ignore ignorance, and that you are not.

I was just pointing out what I percieved as hypocrisy, in your off handed jab with the "one note" comment.

As far as my view on Covid/NFL, no sense argueing in a no win situation. That only degenerates into an "I told you so" thing.

There is a tendency in some of the posters to beat stories to death. I believe it was you that pulled the chain on a guy asking what we'd do if we got the first draft pick? Yes... we've beaten that to death.

Yes, I get tired of the constant posts of... Start Tua nowwww... and giggle at them a bit.

The Covid situation is different than that I think. It is the single biggest story of the season, and it is ever-changing, unlike the two examples above. In the discussion today, I have not made any suggestions about what the NFL should do... I've kicked around things that might happen, and tried to examine why ideas will (or won't) work well.
Yes, I think the season is hanging on by a thread, but I've also prayed that it makes it. I have some awful things going on in my life right now, and I need the NFL to maintain some semblance of normalcy. If it goes tits up, I won't be screaming I told you so... indeed, I hope I'm sooo wrong.

There is a tendency in some of the posters to beat stories to death. I believe it was you that pulled the chain on a guy asking what we'd do if we got the first draft pick? Yes... we've beaten that to death.

Yes, I get tired of the constant posts of... Start Tua nowwww... and giggle at them a bit.

The Covid situation is different than that I think. It is the single biggest story of the season, and it is ever-changing, unlike the two examples above. In the discussion today, I have not made any suggestions about what the NFL should do... I've kicked around things that might happen, and tried to examine why ideas will (or won't) work well.
Yes, I think the season is hanging on by a thread, but I've also prayed that it makes it. I have some awful things going on in my life right now, and I need the NFL to maintain some semblance of normalcy. If it goes tits up, I won't be screaming I told you so... indeed, I hope I'm sooo wrong.
In times like this we all need distractions. The NFL, MLB and NHL Drafts helped for me. They found a way to televise them and make them interesting. Games were and are still being played throughout all sports venues and that's also helped.

We all need help. I thank these athletes for sacrificing themselves for people like us.

Guilty as charged on the 1st overall pick comment......lol.

You are right, of course, it is a continually evolving topic.

I guess the fact that the non sports media beats us over the head (from botg directions) as well, makes me weary of the whole situation. It (not you specifically) seems that rather than being factual, and working at the problem as whats in the best interests of the citizenry in general, it has become an agenda driven $hit show.

Anyway, this is wayyyy off topic here, so I'll just leave it alone.

No hard feelings, I hope.

We've kicked it around quite a bit... my take on this is that this means less than it used to mean. What with a complete absence of teams that line up in power running formations and the prevalence of mobile QBs in today's game, fewer formations are 'right-handed'.
Yes...consider that Wake, our most dominant pass rusher of the last 10-15 years, was matched up against the RT in most cases. Schemes are designed to bring pressure at different points in the line. LT protecting the blind spot is still a thing, but not like it was in the 80s and 90s.

Guilty as charged on the 1st overall pick comment......lol.

You are right, of course, it is a continually evolving topic.

I guess the fact that the non sports media beats us over the head (from botg directions) as well, makes me weary of the whole situation. It (not you specifically) seems that rather than being factual, and working at the problem as whats in the best interests of the citizenry in general, it has become an agenda driven $hit show.

Anyway, this is wayyyy off topic here, so I'll just leave it alone.

No hard feelings, I hope.

None whatsoever!

(drink)

Believe what you want. Losing is funny. First you hate it, then you get used to it. After long enough, you get so you depend on losing. That's "Institutionalized Losing."
The funny thing is that after the last two decades of the Dolphins, I know exactly what you are referring to In regards to “institutional losing”. You no longer get upset like you used to when they lose. You merely laugh it off and just accept defeat and hope things will get better in the future.

Believe what you want. Losing is funny. First you hate it, then you get used to it. After long enough, you get so you depend on losing. That's "Institutionalized Losing."
I do believe your speaking out of you Asz. Lol

Look at the bright side: We'll always have Paris.

Hope this kid can come back this season. Incidentally has anyone noticed how bad Andrew Thomas is playing?

He was ranked the highest OL by many and has given up a ton of sacks and pressures so far. It doesn’t help being on that team I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom