Austin Radio featured Mayock from NFL Net. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Austin Radio featured Mayock from NFL Net.

girthvader44

Starter
Reaction score
Okay, I have seen you guys punish posts like this, so I will tell you to take it for what its worth....

I live in Austin, and our morning radio show host, Bucky Godbolt, played college and pro ball with Mike Mayock (SP?) who is now featured on the NFL Network. He conved the NFL Combine quite extensively if you watch the show. Mike stated in a radio interview with Bucky that he had rspoken to several NFL personnel directors who said

"All of the talk in Miami about Brown, Smith, and Edwards is a smoke screen, they're set on Benson."

Now, I know I live in Austin, but I will tell you all that I am not a fan at all of Benson. I think he is a good (not great) back who played against a lot of weak teams. Ive had season tix for 3 seasons now, and Ive yet to see Benson dominate against quality teams (OU, K State when they were tough).

I personally think Brown and Caddy are better backs, and I love Edwards and M Williams. I dont see Benson with #2, but I thought Id at least share that with everyone.

Have a good one everyone

Benson? Yeah, If we trade down I think we'd get great value. I just don't like ANY RB in this draft at No. 2.

All the talk in Miami about Brown, Smith and Edwards? I haven't heard anyone other than those of us on this message board/forum and a couple of sports writers "speculate" about the Dolphins possible choice at #2. In fact, the only supposed news coming from "sources" is that the Dolphins are trying to trade out of the spot for more picks. So I don't think there is any smoke screen going on by the Dolphins. Nick, Rick, nor anyone else has come out and mentioned any names in conjunction with that pick. And they won't. I'm not saying in the end, Benson won't be the pick, i'm just saying I think they're misinformed about a "smoke screen".

god this weak opponents talk is so duuuuuuuumb...

why doesn't anyone talk about alex smith NEVER playing a team when they were ranked, EVER in his career?

but no alex smith playing in the mountain west is fine, but benson in the big 12 only racks up numbers against ****ty teams

:shakeno:

It could be true, it's obvious Saban doesn't want the pick so he is probably by the news of this guy just checking out and getting all the players in for private workouts that other teams want in a bid to make them think that we are really interested in them. I would love to have Benson and I think he is the best RB out of the big 3 but I don't think he fits Linehan's style of offense the best, I think Caddy does personally.

Arsenal, im in agreement with you. Alex Smith had a GREAT offensive system in a weak conference... Not sold on him. I like a lot of people would love to see a trade down. No one really gets my attention this year, bad timing on our part I guess. We picked the worst season to perform poorly, no return by being at the top of the draft...

arsenal said:
god this weak opponents talk is so duuuuuuuumb...

why doesn't anyone talk about alex smith NEVER playing a team when they were ranked, EVER in his career?

but no alex smith playing in the mountain west is fine, but benson in the big 12 only racks up numbers against ****ty teams

:shakeno:
Arsenal, First of all I am not even going into the conversation about Alex Smith... totally different discussion...

I for one did not get to see many UT's games. Does this talk about Benson not tearing up the good teams like OU hold any water? Have stats?

The only conclusion I make is, for a team with so FEW options (NO PASSING GAME) Benson still put up good numbers overall. Everyteam that played texas knew they would hand off the ball 25 times to Benson. Yet, his numbers are still real good. Were they only against weaker opponents? Someone that saw all the games... Tell me.

Back
Top Bottom