AVG is a stud | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AVG is a stud

Ossai will prob be a 1st rounder. He can be had at 18, if they plan on going defense instead of offense. Would love Najee at 18, but I wouldn’t be upset with Ossai.

I'm actually stoked about our front 7 this year.
Our front 7 seems like it could be very intriguing and I personally don't think it's as big as a need as some people think it is. I still think we'll add an edge rusher during the draft but I pray we do not reach for one at 18... If someone fell to 18 then go ahead and draft one, if nobody falls then we need to wait till later in the draft to pick up an edge rusher. No reaching!!!!

Wilkins (25) / Raekwon (23) / Sieler (25) / Ogbah (27) / Van Ginkel (25) / Baker (24) / McKinney (28)
Biegel (27) / Roberts (26) / Eguavoen (28) / Strowbridge (24) / Butler (28) / Riley (26) / Jenkins (32)

We have some very nice pieces starting on our front 7 and they're all young so they should only get better. We also have solid depth throughout the front 7 and a lot of our players are versatile which helps incase someone goes down. Our backups on the front 7 are also young and hopefully they'll get better also. I'm also curious to see if we use Baker more to rush the passer now since we traded for McKinney. I feel like our front 7 versatility and depth could be dangerous with Flores blitzing packages!

I seem to remember not that long ago the AVG pick being mocked. Even more so after year 1. Now it’s looking like another shrewd move by Grier and Flores.
They have done one hell of a job at building up the front 7. In two drafts they landed Wilkins, Van Ginkel, and Raekwon.... They all look like they can be starters for us for a long time coming!

They have done one hell of a job at building up the front 7. In two drafts they landed Wilkins, Van Ginkel, and Raekwon.... They all look like they can be starters for us for a long time coming!

Agreed.

And both the Wilkins and Raekwon selections received a lot of heat here too.

I seem to remember not that long ago the AVG pick being mocked. Even more so after year 1. Now it’s looking like another shrewd move by Grier and Flores.
He’s awakened from his year 1 slumber!!!

Agreed.

And both the Wilkins and Raekwon selections received a lot of heat here too.
Our fanbase will always give the management heat for whoever they pick. It's hard to blame our fans though considering how bad we've been for the past 20 years. Grier and Flores seem like they have us on the right path. People bash the Noah pick alot still but I feel like he has a high ceiling and we'll just need to coach him up to get it out of him. Noah is one of the youngest players to ever play in the league and he is still learning the CB position.
As for Tua, I believe he'll be perfectly fine with an improved line and legit weapons. Tua did show us some very nice flashes last season too. All this talk about Tua not throwing it down field is hater talk. I watched every single snap last season and seen Tua move the ball with ease several times when we let him run no huddle. The times he ran no huddle, he was picking defenses apart by throwing all over the field.
At times we def were extremely conservative with him and the offense did stall out but we did have a good defense last season so it almost makes sense to play it safe on offense and trust our defense. Our defensive turnovers bailed out our offense a handful of times last season whether or not it was a redzone turnover or a turnover that helped set up our offense. Tua was still out there seeing how NFL defenses work so he was still learning and developing by just being out there regardless if the offense did stall out. I also believe the main thing we wanted Tua to focus on year one was being safe with the ball and not forcing costly turnovers. IMO that all makes perfect sense when it comes to developing Tua and people just criticized his play because nobody ever seen a team develop a QB that way before.
Fitz can move the ball with no problem but Fitz does throw a lot of INT's and if we were trying to trust our defense the second half of the season to win the turnover battle then it makes sense to keep Fitz on the bench. Week 1, Fitz threw 3 costly INT and week 4 Fitz threw 2 costly INT's... Let's just say Tua started those games instead, would we of had a better shot at winning those games? Our defense did force turnovers those games but Fitz kept giving the ball back with his costly turnovers. I believe the way we used Tua would of eliminated those turnovers in week 1 and 4 which would of helped us win the turnover battle which literally wins games.

Thats how I feel about Noah and Tua and I personally think they'll end up being solid at the very least... IMO the biggest thing we'll have to critically judge from last years draft is Jackson, Hunt, and Kindley's development. We need at least two of them to prove they can be the future of our o-line and they all do have potential since they all had very nice flashes last season too but we need them to step it up and get consistent. If our fanbase is gonna look back at Grier's drafts and judge then we all need to be looking at how our O-Line plays this season. If all three of those linemen don't pan out then we'll have a HUGE problem on our hands.

Our fanbase will always give the management heat for whoever they pick. It's hard to blame our fans though considering how bad we've been for the past 20 years. Grier and Flores seem like they have us on the right path. People bash the Noah pick alot still but I feel like he has a high ceiling and we'll just need to coach him up to get it out of him. Noah is one of the youngest players to ever play in the league and he is still learning the CB position.
As for Tua, I believe he'll be perfectly fine with an improved line and legit weapons. Tua did show us some very nice flashes last season too. All this talk about Tua not throwing it down field is hater talk. I watched every single snap last season and seen Tua move the ball with ease several times when we let him run no huddle. The times he ran no huddle, he was picking defenses apart by throwing all over the field.
At times we def were extremely conservative with him and the offense did stall out but we did have a good defense last season so it almost makes sense to play it safe on offense and trust our defense. Our defensive turnovers bailed out our offense a handful of times last season whether or not it was a redzone turnover or a turnover that helped set up our offense. Tua was still out there seeing how NFL defenses work so he was still learning and developing by just being out there regardless if the offense did stall out. I also believe the main thing we wanted Tua to focus on year one was being safe with the ball and not forcing costly turnovers. IMO that all makes perfect sense when it comes to developing Tua and people just criticized his play because nobody ever seen a team develop a QB that way before.
Fitz can move the ball with no problem but Fitz does throw a lot of INT's and if we were trying to trust our defense the second half of the season to win the turnover battle then it makes sense to keep Fitz on the bench. Week 1, Fitz threw 3 costly INT and week 4 Fitz threw 2 costly INT's... Let's just say Tua started those games instead, would we of had a better shot at winning those games? Our defense did force turnovers those games but Fitz kept giving the ball back with his costly turnovers. I believe the way we used Tua would of eliminated those turnovers in week 1 and 4 which would of helped us win the turnover battle which literally wins games.

Thats how I feel about Noah and Tua and I personally think they'll end up being solid at the very least... IMO the biggest thing we'll have to critically judge from last years draft is Jackson, Hunt, and Kindley's development. We need at least two of them to prove they can be the future of our o-line and they all do have potential since they all had very nice flashes last season too but we need them to step it up and get consistent. If our fanbase is gonna look back at Grier's drafts and judge then we all need to be looking at how our O-Line plays this season. If all three of those linemen don't pan out then we'll have a HUGE problem on our hands.
I mean I think it is tough , it was the pretty obvious that the FO was uneasy about where X’s future lied and felt they needed to make moves. The problem with igbo was where we selected him, we did not address Rb or Wr which would have allowed us to take a CB this year and we missed out on Trevon Diggs and Jeremy Chinn just to name a few .

Back
Top Bottom