Awesome Article on Sean Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Awesome Article on Sean Smith

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Asomugha is his inspiration.

"Oh my God, he's so graceful, with his hands and his feet, the way he moves," Smith said in June at NFL Rookie Orientation, where he heard Asomugha would be speaking. "He can just control his body so well. It looks so effortless. So I have to find his guy and learn his secrets."

That afternoon, David Canter, Smith's agent, introduced them. Asomugha looked at Canter, then pointed at Smith. "This dude's a corner?!" Asomugha gasped.

Sure is.

The 15-minute conversation?

"Oh, that was real cool," Smith recalls. "Just hearing him say that if I prepare the way I need to, I can definitely be up there like him. He told me, 'Don't be afraid to get beat. When you get beat, you learn. Put yourself in the most uncomfortable positions early, so you can figure it out.' "

Smith says it was "weird" but comforting to hear that Asomugha ever struggled.

"He says he's going to keep an eye out for me," Smith says.

Dolphins coaches should do the same. Mills is proud of how seriously Smith has taken his craft, and prouder that they honored a pact to speak weekly during college.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...th-s0sbaug02,0,6103130.story?page=2&track=rss

Also guys Sean Smith has signed an endoresment deal with Nike, It was reported by his agent David Canter on Twitter.

Sean Smith is an ultra rare talent. He was one of my choices in the 1st round. Top get him where we did was grand theft to the highest degree.

I wrote this in the Falcons thread.

What's amazing about Sean Smith for a corner besides his height, his great ball skills like a WR, and his good maneuverabilty for a corner his size, is that he has the average arm length of a man who's 6 foot 8.. That's incredible.

Smith has 35 inch arms at 6'3 1/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocnYGVvdDQ

Let's see what Randy Moss has to say about that

Smith is already better than Asomugha . . .

No, but seriously, we all love his potential and for good reason. He seems like a bright kid with great tools. I'm excited to see what he can do.

I think Vontae Davis is gonna be great, but I feel like the real playmaker is gonna be Smith. I see Smith as the CB who be an INT machine, where as I see Davis as a sure tackler who will occassionally have an INT and do to his physique I could see him causing a couple fumbles. Will see, but Smith was an awesome pick in the 2nd round.

I had him going alot higher, early 2nd late 1st.

When the Raiders were having trouble signing Asomugha, I wanted us to get him so badly.

I'm sure Davis and Smith will soon have us forgetting about Nnamdi.

Back
Top Bottom