Awesome Game with best officiating this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Awesome Game with best officiating this year

claytonduper

Starter
Reaction score
This game was very fun to watch especially since we came on top. High scoring and lots of action and drama. On a side the officials allowed the game to be played and didn't call the frivolous and questionable calls we have seen too often this year. It's nice to watch a game that doesn't have a yellow flag every other play. I give them much credit for this game, but cringe for the typical group that officiates games in Miami.

To be honest I thought there were some penalties that weren't called that played in Miami's favor, mostly pass interference or illegal contact. I think Miami got the better end of the calls, but I'm not complaining. I know if the refs held on to some of those flags and it involved Miami's offense I would have been pulling my hair out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt like the refs were pretty fair but they actually missed some calls in our favor. They only missed one big one against Buffalo but not calling the obvious late hit on Grant nearly started a riot.

Horrible game for a Phins fanatic. Fking amazing game for a football fan.

These mofos never let us off the hook. Hearts always in our throat. It so terrible and so great at the same time.

The missed PI calls dont even come close to equaling the missed holding on Wake every ****ing game. I feel not one bit of pity, we deserve MORE than what we got.

The missed PI calls dont even come close to equaling the missed holding on Wake every ****ing game. I feel not one bit of pity, we deserve MORE than what we got.

The missed PI in the endzone has to be called . . . the refs blew that. I'll take it but that was textbook pass interference on a scoring opportunity for them.

I agree about the Wake stuff tho. Man gets held more than any pass rusher in the NFL if you ask me, and that stuff almost never gets called.

In general I do like the officials letting them play like they did today. There was some close late hit stuff, after the play stuff and QB hit stuff (from both teams) that they swallowed the whistle on and I wish more crews would do that. Refs should not affect these games as much as they do in the NFL.

It was great the way they let the teams play a major Play Off style game.

I hope the NFL realizes the games are BETTER when they swallow the whistle. Roger Goodell can choke on a fruitcake.

The officiating, always somewhat arbitrary when League-preferred teams are involved has definitely flipped a switch for us. Now between our 200yd runner, rave-inducing HC and back up QB, there's an interest in the Fins and a narrative the league can sell to major markets and their advertisers.

IMO when it comes to intentionally bad or biased officiating, nothing has changed, but hopefully now the zebras will bend over backwards to push us forward. Not that I'm complaining cuz lord knows we've been so long on the other side of ref manipulation that they owe us big time!

The officiating, always somewhat arbitrary when League-preferred teams are involved has definitely flipped a switch for us. Now between our 200yd runner, rave-inducing HC and back up QB, there's an interest in the Fins and a narrative the league can sell to major markets and their advertisers.

IMO when it comes to intentionally bad or biased officiating, nothing has changed, but hopefully now the zebras will bend over backwards to push us forward. Not that I'm complaining cuz lord knows we've been so long on the other side of ref manipulation that they owe us big time!
its so sad that this is true. It really is. I still haven't come to terms w the tuck rule in 2001. Talk about a narritave to push. Backup QB, 9/11, patriots red white and blue, bad guy raiders = terrorists, etc.

Back
Top Bottom