Az Hakim Coming In | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Az Hakim Coming In

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
PPBP says that he is likely to get a long look from Miami so expect him to tip up in Davie in the next week or so.

He's probably the kind of "vertical receiver" Saban's been talking about.

4th WR and PR all in one. Can save a roster spot since he can do 2 things.

If it pans out, good bye Wes Welker.

Cool. I love Az Hakim. Though he has a lot of trouble hanging onto the football..

I don't know. I really think DT showed improvement last year. I'm kinda hoping he could continue his positive development. Also i hope we resign Boston.

MikeO said:
4th WR and PR all in one. Can save a roster spot since he can do 2 things.

If it pans out, good bye Wes Welker.

Mike, what's your problem with Welker? Did he steal your girlfriend and run over your dog? Are you going to write a country music song called "Wes Done Me Wrong?" Every possible chance you can, you're saying we should ditch the guy, despite the following:
1. he was a respectable 14th in the NFL in KR average.
2. he was FIFTH in the NFL in PR average
3. he played several roles for the team last year
4. he was a great example of work ethic and effort
5. he did all this for the league minimum salary

You would boot him out the door for a guy who hasn't returned a kick in 4 years, hasn't been a regular punt returner in three years, and hasn't been a GOOD punt returner in five years. In all likelihood, Welker is a better return man than Hakim at this point in their careers.

I'd like to bring in Hakim; I think he'd be an excellent third receiver if he can stay healthy. But the guy we should look at cutting to make room is Derrius Thompson, not Welker. That makes more sense salary-wise anyway.

Boomer said:
PPBP says that he is likely to get a long look from Miami so expect him to tip up in Davie in the next week or so.

Man, every reciever that comes available will be rumored to be coming to Miami...I don't know enough about Hakim, except that since he left the Rams he hasn't done much...

Boomer said:

That's excellent news! Hakim would be a killer complement to Chambers and Booker. I really feel we need a 3rd receiver to complete the offense.

I wouldn't rule out Boston (for league minimum), but wouldn't count on him.

This lineup can score some points:

QB: Feeley/Frerotte
WR: Chambers/Booker/Hakim/Boston
RB: Brown/Williams
TE: McMichael

The most important things, though, are:

* The O-line revamping, courtesy of Houck
* The O-system breath of life, courtesy of Linehan

On top of all this, they should have better field position, due to the younger & deeper defense.

phunwin said:
Mike, what's your problem with Welker? Did he steal your girlfriend and run over your dog? Are you going to write a country music song called "Wes Done Me Wrong?" Every possible chance you can, you're saying we should ditch the guy, despite the following:
1. he was a respectable 14th in the NFL in KR average.
2. he was FIFTH in the NFL in PR average
3. he played several roles for the team last year
4. he was a great example of work ethic and effort
5. he did all this for the league minimum salary

You would boot him out the door for a guy who hasn't returned a kick in 4 years, hasn't been a regular punt returner in three years, and hasn't been a GOOD punt returner in five years. In all likelihood, Welker is a better return man than Hakim at this point in their careers.

I'd like to bring in Hakim; I think he'd be an excellent third receiver if he can stay healthy. But the guy we should look at cutting to make room is Derrius Thompson, not Welker. That makes more sense salary-wise anyway.

I agree, Phunwin... I think Welker did very well last season. I don't see any room to bash the guy. I also don't see using Hakim in dual roles if he is the 3rd receiver, considering the percentage of plays that Linehan utilizes that position.

Back
Top Bottom