B Schottenheimer interviewing today for Alabama OC position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

B Schottenheimer interviewing today for Alabama OC position

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
Im sorry I don't have a link it was reported on a local sports talk radio program here in Birmingham Al from a beat writer. They are usually right on when it has to do with Alabama or Auburn football. If true that would make me happy since it was reported he would join Fisher if he picks the Fins!

Exactly, I don't care as long as it isn't Miami.

If true,and he gets hired,i wonder how TedSlimm,Namor,WV,and any of you other Bama fans will feel about that.

I guess Saban, I mean Satan does not want to win any more national championships.

That's a pretty big drop off from NFL to college OC.

Though it was the Jets so maybe not so much.

This is good news considering the undercurrent of speculation that Brian Schottenheimer might be Jeff Fisher's choice as an offensive coordinator.

Potentially bad news for A.J. McCarron though.

This is good news considering the undercurrent of speculation that Brian Schottenheimer might be Jeff Fisher's choice as an offensive coordinator.

Potentially bad news for A.J. McCarron though.

I dunno about that. Don't think he's really qualified, but it would speak volumes about the Taco if Baby Schotty can turn McCarron into a formidable weapon, wouldn't it?

Satan must still be high from the victory celebration to be considering him.

Shott probably feels like it would be a promotion.

From the look of things coaches dont see coaching in college a stepdown anymore or maybe they never have since its usually the fans that have that opinion. Kind of funny he would go to Alabama to coach for a coach that preferred Alabama to us. Quite ironic. The guy could easily get a coordinator job at any level or stay with jets and he chooses Alabama possibly. You do have to respect walking away from a contract that if you get fired you would get pretty well paid. He is the second coordinator in a week to look at collge over NFL . Hell last year Charlie Weiss who did a great job for the chiefs walked away from that job to coordinate for a college team and now he is coaching one of the Kansas schools I believe Kansas.

From the look of things coaches dont see coaching in college a stepdown anymore or maybe they never have since its usually the fans that have that opinion. Kind of funny he would go to Alabama to coach for a coach that preferred Alabama to us. Quite ironic. The guy could easily get a coordinator job at any level or stay with jets and he chooses Alabama possibly. You do have to respect walking away from a contract that if you get fired you would get pretty well paid. He is the second coordinator in a week to look at collge over NFL . Hell last year Charlie Weiss who did a great job for the chiefs walked away from that job to coordinate for a college team and now he is coaching one of the Kansas schools I believe Kansas.

He was kicked out the door, but given the option of leaving with dignity. Who in their right minds leaves a job before another is lined up? Bottom line, you have a failed OC interviewing with a great college coach who also realized he couldn't cut it working in an NFL league populated by men, who are highly paid and not inclined to be browbeaten by anyone.

So in a way you're right: there sort of a synchronicity there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom