Back up qb? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Back up qb?

opticblazed

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
thoughts on back up qb? Looking over the available vets, none jump out at mme. Do we really need a vet or a mid round rookie that can possibly step in case of emergency?If its a vet, how expensive will it be?

Well imo it shouldn't cost more than a 1/3 of what Fitzpatrick's salary was last year, unless we want to pay a top ten backup. Hell only three backup qb's made more then what Ryan did.

I always thought your backup should carry a similar skill set as your starter so if he goes down, you can run the same basic offense. So if Tua is good on short accurate passes then let's pick up a QB with similar skills, not a gunslinger

I always thought your backup should carry a similar skill set as your starter so if he goes down, you can run the same basic offense. So if Tua is good on short accurate passes then let's pick up a QB with similar skills, not a gunslinger
I agree that the backup should have a similar skill set as the starter. So the Dolphins should be interested in Mariotta and Kaepernick because they both would be able to un the same offense if Tua were to be injured and unable to play.

While Kaepernick hasn’t played in several years, I still think he could be a better backup than 90% of the backups now in the NFL.

A friendly reminder to leave the politics out of it when discussing any player. Thanks

I agree that the backup should have a similar skill set as the starter. So the Dolphins should be interested in Mariotta and Kaepernick because they both would be able to un the same offense if Tua were to be injured and unable to play.

While Kaepernick hasn’t played in several years, I still think he could be a better backup than 90% of the backups now in the NFL.

Yes to Mariotta. Hell no to Kaepernick.

Yes to Mariotta. Hell no to Kaepernick.
Mariota is probably gonna cost more then we need to spend on a backup. Hell his cap hit next year for the Raiders will be over 10.5 million, and that's why he'll probably get cut. He'll probably demand at least 4 million a year to much imo.

A friendly reminder to leave the politics out of it when discussing any player. Thanks
While I understand why you don’t don’t want politics while discussing the Dolphins on this forum. We all know why Kaepernick hasn’t been allowed to play in the NFL in recent years and it has nothing to do with his inability to play the position.

I just bought up the reason because I know the Dolphins are looking to bring in a backup QB next season and I think he is a better option than a lot of other QB’s who are now backups in the NFL. I wish that politics could be ignored in his case and he could be given the opportunity to play in the NFL again. I would have absolutely no problem with him being a member of the Dolphins.

While I understand why you don’t don’t want politics while discussing the Dolphins on this forum. We all know why Kaepernick hasn’t been allowed to play in the NFL in recent years and it has nothing to do with his inability to play the position.

I just bought up the reason because I know the Dolphins are looking to bring in a backup QB next season and I think he is a better option than a lot of other QB’s who are now backups in the NFL. I wish that politics could be ignored in his case and he could be given the opportunity to play in the NFL again. I would have absolutely no problem with him being a member of the Dolphins.

That's fine. Just do not open that can of worms please and stick to the football stuff or I will have to delete it

I hope Tua is not good ONLY on short passes! There's nothing I hate seeing more than a dink-and-dunk offense.

Generally, I would be in favor of a vet backup. They are more likely to be prepared to come in cold, without first team practice reps.

In this case, I wouldn't be against a younger, more developmental guy.

First, you would save $ in a year where cap is tight.

Second, it's more of a long term solution, and there is a chance his value increases, rather than decreases.

Generally, I would be in favor of a vet backup. They are more likely to be prepared to come in cold, without first team practice reps.

In this case, I wouldn't be against a younger, more developmental guy.

First, you would save $ in a year where cap is tight.

Second, it's more of a long term solution, and there is a chance his value increases, rather than decreases.
I wouldn't be opposed to carrying three QBs next year. I know that this has gone out of style, but if we managed to snag a talented developmental QB, I'd be happy to carry him and a vet.

Back
Top Bottom