Backup QB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Backup QB

We disagree here. Vet backups are frequently said to be mentoring the young guy. Giving tips on the sideline. Looking at video. Numerous rookies have noted the help they get from the vet. Use any preferred term, but vets mentor the youngster.
Don’t know why but Don Strock came to say I agree.

I literally don’t care about backup qb

Id be afraid Miami would design its offense around the backups skill set.

cause dolphins gonna dolphin

I literally don’t care about backup qb

Id be afraid Miami would design its offense around the backups skill set.

cause dolphins gonna dolphin
Tua already missed 1 out of 10 starts this year with injury. You cant count on him playing every game.

Wildman there’s articles out there...

Tua Tagovailoa praises Ryan Fitzpatrick's skills as a mentor.​

Fitz definitely is helping and happy to mentor this kid, he’s even said so himself.
Yes it call watch and learn.. this nfl.. nobody going hold ur hand.. it lots qb waiting on second chance start in nfl..it up Tua...to make it happen or not make it happen. I want Tua be good but more I think about Tua..it sound like he might been draft to high.....

I think it would be Fitz if he wants it. Don't think he wants to move too far away from his family.

Yes it call watch and learn.. this nfl.. nobody going hold ur hand.. it lots qb waiting on second chance start in nfl..it up Tua...to make it happen or not make it happen. I want Tua be good but more I think about Tua..it sound like he might been draft to high.....
Google is a good source of info

We disagree here. Vet backups are frequently said to be mentoring the young guy. Giving tips on the sideline. Looking at video. Numerous rookies have noted the help they get from the vet. Use any preferred term, but vets mentor the youngster.

My understanding is that the backup QB acts like another set of eyes on the defense to give the QB more information about what was going on each play that the QB may not have noticed.

Since the backup QB is not focused on running the play he may get a better handle on what the defense is doing prior to and especially during the play.

I picked this information up in the 1970's, but I can't remember who presented it.

Don Shula might have presented it since he had several great back ups like Earl Morall and Don Strock but who knows

Nobody mentor nobody in civilian world..u going mentor somebody take ur job..that qb coaches job do that.. so u really think Fitzpatrick is mentoring Tua.. when he know he better than tua.. u think arron Rogers care about love or big ben care about Pittsburgh drafting qb no..
Did you even follow the Dolphins this year?

Nobody mentor nobody in civilian world..u going mentor somebody take ur job..that qb coaches job do that.. so u really think Fitzpatrick is mentoring Tua.. when he know he better than tua.. u think arron Rogers care about love or big ben care about Pittsburgh drafting qb no..
Because this seems to be a bit much for you to comprehend, I'll let Fitz, Tua and an someone with inside information help for you to understand this:

From Ftiz:

“I think I have had such a great career in terms of the people that I’ve met and the people that have helped me out along the way,” Fitzpatrick said. “And I just view it as paying it forward a little bit. And I’ve made enough mistakes for plenty of quarterbacks combined with the things that I’ve been through and done. And to be able to share those experiences – the good and the bad – with some of these younger guys, if I could be a smart part of helping them in their career and making them a better player, then that makes it worth it for me.”
Fitzpatrick also commented on his situation in Miami, saying “I feel happy and privileged to be in the position that I’m in now to be able to pay it forward to someone like Tua.”

"I know how difficult it is to play the QB position and how important it is to have everyone pulling in the same direction," Fitzpatrick said. "Once this thing starts up again (after bye week), I’ve got to do my best for Tua to help him out. I want him to do well."

From Tua:

Tua was asked about his new relationship with the man he will try to beat out and become the starter for Miami in Fitzpatrick — after Tagovailoa entered the frame of his Zoom call while touting a Fitzpatrick No. 14 jersey.

“But kind of to start it off with ‘Fitz’ – (he is a) very, very down-to-earth person. Very humble,” said Tagovailoa.

“To be behind a professional like that, to me it’s kind of mind-boggling how down-to-earth he is. It’s one of those things where it’s, this guy gets it. I don’t know what it is, but he gets it and that saying goes true. It says ‘if you want to get somewhere fast, you go alone, but if you want to do it with purpose, then you bring people with you,’ and I think ‘Fitz’ has done a tremendous job in trying to help shape and mold me and Josh (Rosen) as well. So it’s been really cool to go through that process with him.”

Jeff Darlington:

Starting at 1:35 mark...

Just a small sample of comments about Fitz's impact on MENTORING Tua.

Back
Top Bottom