Bad feeling | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad feeling

Gamble

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Remember the past All the talk about hiring super coaches and great GMs only to be turned down and forced to hire leftovers. Miami has been rejected many times in the past. Hopefully this time will be different.

If Mike Tannenbaum is still here...expect the rejections to continue just like they did when we had Jeff Ireland.

I agree with this. The big names are for the most part control freaks and won't work with Tannenbaum. So that means problably Mangini.

I can see more of the same old dolphins coming as long as Ross keeps on making half moves. You need to clean house or else all the bad stuff will continue to linger. Now watch us be the last team that hirez a new HC after all the best candidates are all gone and of course there will be no good assistants coaches left at that point just like when philbin was hired

Ozzy rules

I can see more of the same old dolphins coming as long as Ross keeps on making half moves. You need to clean house or else all the bad stuff will continue to linger. Now watch us be the last team that hirez a new HC after all the best candidates are all gone and of course there will be no good assistants coaches left at that point just like when philbin was hired

Ozzy rules

Who were the good coaches that were hired when we hired Philbin? Jeff Fisher? Mike McCoy? Dennis Allen? Mike Mularkey? Chuck Pagano? Romeo Crennel? Greg Schiano? Tell me which of those awesome coaches...all of which have been fired or will be fired by the end of the season, did we miss out on by waiting?

I agree with this. The big names are for the most part control freaks and won't work with Tannenbaum. So that means problably Mangini.

I have a sickening gut feeling that this is going to be the ultimate result. If so, we're screwed.

Yes, your right that history doesn't bode well for a good outcome......but I'm a fan, I'm hopeful and will continue to think the best is about to come, until I'm ultimately let down once again and crushed like a ant.....

Completely wrong that Tannenbaum will inhibit the team finding a good candidate.

Tannenbaum is a team player and consensus maker. Cannot believe how many people want to blame him for everything. If he had his way, Philbin would have been fired last year and a new program could have started to be built in Miami.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Eric Mangini is not coming as the HC folks. Not even on the radar. Man, this org needs some good favor to happen to it right now.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Miami's issue could be that some of the openings have young QB's that are showing more promise than Tannehill. That is an issue. Between Luck and Mariotta, the Fins are behind those two teams in having a progressing QB. Tannehill will be looked upon as a re-do project.

Completely wrong that Tannenbaum will inhibit the team finding a good candidate.

Tannenbaum is a team player and consensus maker. Cannot believe how many people want to blame him for everything. If he had his way, Philbin would have been fired last year and a new program could have started to be built in Miami.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Eric Mangini is not coming as the HC folks. Not even on the radar. Man, this org needs some good favor to happen to it right now.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Miami's issue could be that some of the openings have young QB's that are showing more promise than Tannehill. That is an issue. Between Luck and Mariotta, the Fins are behind those two teams in having a progressing QB. Tannehill will be looked upon as a re-do project.
agree w all of this. Wary of mangini though. I hope you are right.

I honestly have no idea if this is accurate or not. How do you know he would have fired Philbin last year?

I'm not sure why he gets so much blame on here either, expect for his Jets history. If he has been simply and advisor and it wasn't his responsibility to improve the offensive line or defense in the offseason, then he is likely being beat up just because of his history. If he has been significantly involved in the make up of this team as many allege, then he should hold some accountability, should he not?

I'm confident we can land a good coach for this team.....but I truly have no idea how Tannenbaum will impact that search.

Remember the past All the talk about hiring super coaches and great GMs only to be turned down and forced to hire leftovers. Miami has been rejected many times in the past. Hopefully this time will be different.

This is due in large part to half measures. There will still need to be a good deal of salesmanship from Ross, but if he truly wants to attract great prospects the entire house needs to be cleaned from top to bottom, of course I've typed this same thing for the last 6 years or so and it still hasn't happened yet.

It's not that I want to get rid of Tannenbaum, it's just that I don't think any big name coach would come here with him on board. With Tannenbaum, my guess is that at the end, we would be happy to have Pagano instead of the Mangini which is not saying much!! My pipe dream would be Bill Polian as president and GM and Payton as head coach but I believe Payton would want full control.

Back
Top Bottom