Bad O-lines & Adversity: Ryan Tannehill vs Russell Wilson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad O-lines & Adversity: Ryan Tannehill vs Russell Wilson

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
A lot of phans blame Tannehill's struggles on a weak o-line. But it should be noted..

- Seattle has the worst o-line in the NFL (link), which got worse when they traded pro bowl center Max Unger for TE Jimmy Graham (who is now injured, and lost for the season).

- Seattle lost RB Marshawn Lynch and lost backup RB Thomas Rawls. Their starting RB is now journeyman Christine Michael, who was cut 4 days ago from the Redskins practice squad, and then picked up by the Seahawks.

- Russell Wilson is #3 in the NFL for sacks (40).

- Despite being surrounded by disaster, Russell Wilson is #1 in the NFL in passer rating (111.4).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/11/04/ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-9/

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&qualified=true

Elite QBs - like Russell Wilson & Tom Brady - are able to overcome weak o-lines & dumpster fires.

Ryan Tannehill needs everything around him to be perfect in order to be successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of phans blame Tannehill's struggles on a weak o-line. But it should be noted..

- Seattle has the worst o-line in the NFL, which got worse when they traded pro bowl center Max Unger for TE Jimmy Graham (who is now injured, and lost for the season).

- Russell Wilson is #3 in the NFL for sacks (40).

- Seattle lost RB Marshawn Lynch and lost backup RB Thomas Rawls. Their starting RB is now journeyman Christine Michael, who was cut 4 days ago from the Redskins practice squad, and then picked up by the Seahawks.

- Despite being surrounded by disaster, Russell Wilson is #1 in the NFL in passer rating (111.4).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/11/04/ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-9/

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&qualified=true

Elite QBs - like Russell Wilson & Tom Brady - are able to overcome weak o-lines & dumpster fires.

Ryan Tannehill needs everything around him to be perfect in order to be successful.

With all due respect to awful O-lines, Seattle's is nowhere near as bad as Miami's. Watch the games, don't tell me about the artificial stats. Rusty Wilson dies behind Miami's line within three weeks. Dan Marino in his prime is a stiff today behind that nightmare.

Russell Wilson has better pocket awareness and scrambling ability where he wouldn't die behind Miami's line. Clock on tannehills career with Miami is running out.

Now your going to be labeled as a troll. From the THill lovers. Even though you are correct.

Wilson is not a pocket passer and Seattle has let him grow that way.

Tannehill is not a pocket passer and Miami has forced him to grow that way.

Definitely. Russell is not gonna go down easily. Tannehill almost always goes down without a fight. Russell Wilson feels the pressure escapes, gathers himself and either completes for a big play or runs for more yards. Tannehill feels the pressure and curls up like a little bitch in the fetus position.

Seattle has the weaker oline. Miami's played decent the beginning part of the season. Wilson has high level awareness which helps him avoid pressure. Tannehill lacks the natural feel for the game to move fluidly in the pocket or even moving outside consistently to evade pass rushers.

The RT vs RW (for such and such a reason) is such an old and used up comparison. Get over it. Wilson at QB is so much better than RT at QB on their respective teams it isn't even funny.

With all due respect to awful O-lines, Seattle's is nowhere near as bad as Miami's. Watch the games, don't tell me about the artificial stats. Rusty Wilson dies behind Miami's line within three weeks. Dan Marino in his prime is a stiff today behind that nightmare.

I don't think you watch seattle' s games

Definitely. Russell is not gonna go down easily. Tannehill almost always goes down without a fight. Russell Wilson feels the pressure escapes, gathers himself and either completes for a big play or runs for more yards. Tannehill feels the pressure and curls up like a little bitch in the fetus position.

Seriously? What have you been watching? How can you escape when the edges curl up and pressure runs up through the middle?

Little bitch? Wow...

This one is going to be tough for the Tannehill lovers to spin but they are getting quite creative these days so I have faith they will come up with something. Probably Seattles defense being good or Carroll being a real coach etc.

This one is going to be tough for the Tannehill lovers to spin but they are getting quite creative these days so I have faith they will come up with something. Probably Seattles defense being good or Carroll being a real coach etc.

Yup coaching and defense play nonfactors into a teams success. None at all. Glad we agree...

Wilson is not a pocket passer and Seattle has let him grow that way.

Tannehill is not a pocket passer and Miami has forced him to grow that way.

That has got to be the most accurate 2 liner statement Ive ever read. Bingo!!!

Seriously? What have you been watching? How can you escape when the edges curl up and pressure runs up through the middle?

Little bitch? Wow...

Tbh...If tannehill does a better job at diagnosing what's going on at the line of scrimmage then the anticipation should be there. I'm not saying to escape everything either. I'm saying act like u know what's going on. How about do something different for a change. Furthermore. I think tannehill has decent speed but he's not elusive like Russell to cut through lanes and juke defenders. I've never seen tannehill juke anyone..

Back
Top Bottom