Bad personal decisions by Saban | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad personal decisions by Saban

finfan66 said:
I think its safe to say that some of the decisions that Saban has made in the off season were not in the best interest of this team. We had a chance to get Drew Breez or Mcnair and Saban decided to go elsewhere! Also the hiring of Mike Malarkey definitely was a bad move. Some of the play calling is what cost us a few games in the beginning of the season.

Because of the bad decisions this team was forced to try and win out in order to get in the playoffs. It was unrealistic to think we could win out. However I was hoping that it could happen because I am tired of getting hyped in the off season just to be disappointed during the season.

I think the team needs to seriously think about taking away some of the personal decisions from Saban. Its obvious that this guy does not know what he is doing when it comes to evalutating the quarterback position. This is the main reason Wanny couldn't cut it here either.

i can remember several fans, laughing at the saints for signing brees and the fins were one up on every one by signing culpepper. guess what? brees shoulder is fine. i guess nick can keep picking up sec players in the offseason.

Your nuts if you really think Mcnair is any kinda of answer.

Brees or Culpepper who cares...He tossed the coin and lost. The important screw up is he didn't realize the problem early enough and it cost us a year. Joey isn't the future but he should have been playing from the start. Isn't that why he went after a high profile backup. Hell, I'm still not sure why they were so quick to see Gus go after he did so well the last part of last year.

Draft a QB next year, Nick, Hell use all our draft picks on QB's and maybe the franchise will finnally find a QB!

dabeastdabone said:
Your nuts if you really think Mcnair is any kinda of answer.

Brees or Culpepper who cares...He tossed the coin and lost. The important screw up is he didn't realize the problem early enough and it cost us a year. Joey isn't the future but he should have been playing from the start. Isn't that why he went after a high profile backup. Hell, I'm still not sure why they were so quick to see Gus go after he did so well the last part of last year.

Draft a QB next year, Nick, Hell use all our draft picks on QB's and maybe the franchise will finnally find a QB!

Well if you think it doesn't really matter about Breez or Culpepper than maybe you should become a Detroit fan. Who do you think made the decision to play Culpepper so long into the season? But I guess the head coach gets out of that decision too. Of course it wasn't his fault!

I wanted Breez from the start and I was very disappointed when the team signed Culpepper. One of my friends is a Minnesota fan and he laughed when he heard that we signed fumbling Culpepper. Its obvious that Saban was granted way too much power and some of the moves he has made have cost this team. People can keep making excuses for him but its time to wake up!

dabeastdabone said:
Joey isn't the future but he should have been playing from the start. Isn't that why he went after a high profile backup. Hell, I'm still not sure why they were so quick to see Gus go after he did so well the last part of last year.

Your misconception of why Frerotte left leads to your misconception of why we traded for Harrington.

Frerotte left on his own. We wanted to keep him as our #2. Frerotte didn't want to stay here. He willfully followed Scott Linehan to St. Louis. We didn't force him out.

Which leads to the reason why we traded for Harrington. Simply put, it's because the other options were worse: Tommy Maddox, for example.

We have our QB. His name is Daunte Culpepper. He's currently rehabbing his knee.

This team needs more playmakers at the LB position saban signed crappy lbs and didnt draft a single lb when its clearly a need:mad: Now prolly 1 more season without makin the playoffs n JT n Zach will be 1 year older.:fire:

We have our QB. His name is Daunte Culpepper. He's currently rehabbing his knee.[/quote]

If you think Daunte is the answer at quarterback for the fins then you are clueless as Saban is.

jac3477 said:
No! Hindsight is 20 20 and Saban did what he could with the medical information he had. CUlpepper was the better choice at the time (obviously not now, but as smart as Saban is he cant tell the future) Brees simply beat the odds and did it very well. Culpepper went against the odds and is rehabing terribly. Noone could have expected that.

Saban has brought in players you never expected to be good

someone did f up though, brees was failed by our team doctors and culpepper was cleared, and went on to have another surgery

Back
Top Bottom