Bad personal decisions by Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad personal decisions by Saban

finfan66

Scout Team
Reaction score
I think its safe to say that some of the decisions that Saban has made in the off season were not in the best interest of this team. We had a chance to get Drew Breez or Mcnair and Saban decided to go elsewhere! Also the hiring of Mike Malarkey definitely was a bad move. Some of the play calling is what cost us a few games in the beginning of the season.

Because of the bad decisions this team was forced to try and win out in order to get in the playoffs. It was unrealistic to think we could win out. However I was hoping that it could happen because I am tired of getting hyped in the off season just to be disappointed during the season.

I think the team needs to seriously think about taking away some of the personal decisions from Saban. Its obvious that this guy does not know what he is doing when it comes to evalutating the quarterback position. This is the main reason Wanny couldn't cut it here either.

No! Hindsight is 20 20 and Saban did what he could with the medical information he had. CUlpepper was the better choice at the time (obviously not now, but as smart as Saban is he cant tell the future) Brees simply beat the odds and did it very well. Culpepper went against the odds and is rehabing terribly. Noone could have expected that.

Saban has brought in players you never expected to be good

Revisionist history... McNair really wasnt available during the time we were looking to get a QB.. Secondly, while I would also love to have Brees, upon hearing about the extent of his injury and surgery, Im siding with Saban.. Brees' arm, for all intents and purposes, basically fell off. He is one wrong hit away from being a QB without a throwing arm.

Although, the decision to give up a pick to get a running QB who no longer has a functioning knee is a bit strange.

Its Saban's fault at this point.

His people aren't playing well, and, Brees was the better
choice (Though I supported the Cpep choice)....

That's why he's getting millions and I'm at 40K a year.

So, it's his fault.

I believe the word you are looking for is PERSONNEL, not personal. Nothing personal. :wink:

finfan66 said:
I think its safe to say that some of the decisions that Saban has made in the off season were not in the best interest of this team. We had a chance to get Drew Breez or Mcnair and Saban decided to go elsewhere! Also the hiring of Mike Malarkey definitely was a bad move. Some of the play calling is what cost us a few games in the beginning of the season.

Because of the bad decisions this team was forced to try and win out in order to get in the playoffs. It was unrealistic to think we could win out. However I was hoping that it could happen because I am tired of getting hyped in the off season just to be disappointed during the season.

I think the team needs to seriously think about taking away some of the personal decisions from Saban. Its obvious that this guy does not know what he is doing when it comes to evalutating the quarterback position. This is the main reason Wanny couldn't cut it here either.
I dont think you can really say that Saban wasnt making decisions that were in the best interest of the team..Im sure he was but Brees was too expensive and even I thought Culpepper was the better option at QB. Im sure at the time of the decisions, the C-Pepp, Poolarky decisions seemed like good ones (Although even when I heard the news of hiring Poolarky I wasnt in the least bit excited). They just didnt pan out as planned

Sadly it is the truth. had Saban brought Brees here we most likely wouldn't have all this controversy. Then his second chance had he not brought Mularkey here we most likely would not have all this controversy. He got a pass due to the streak but in the end he is the HC and the blame for all of this lay in his lap. It is too early to be judging him however next year will be his time to shine, he has been here long enough and if he can't figure out what this team needs to turn itself around by then well there is nooone to blame but himself.

Let's see how this pans out.

A Mare cut would be an obvious upgrade, but the whole offense thing is much more complicated and not easily solved by a defensive guy (Saban)
Mularkey has to go. Joey has to go. I don't know if the 2 are as individually bad as they are together, but as a tandem, they're death. Our 4 game win streak was built upon defensive effort & turnovers. Not by the offense. This offense is a Punch & Judy mess strictly singles hitters & no home runs. Joey is, by now, the best he can be and that's not very good. Even when he's good he's just basically efficient. Mularkey runs a controlled passing offense. We have absolutely no running identity because Mularkey's game plan is to FEATURE the quarterback throwing 6 yard passes and that quarterback is Joey. Yes, my Dolfans, I hate to say it but we need another offensive overhaul and not because the coordinator and QB left voluntarily.:shakeno:

You know it is always easy to second guess a decision after the fact, I wonder how many of us could make the tough decisions for a football team the way Saban does and then have to live with that decision. We should have signed brees, we should have done this, why did Saban do that? The man is doing as much as he can with what he inherited. Guys....the Phins are not a very good team and this thing of ours is going to take a while before we see a SB championship.

i wish we could go back now and change some of the decisions he made but we cant.

ny biggest beef with saban is the terible secondary players he brought in . a first rd pick for allen a couple of people and i were thinking a olineman or dt would have better served us and a outside linebacker would have helped as well.:shakeno:

I think I read earlier in this post that Mcnair was not available. If you read any of the articles early in the off season Mcnair was available and he wanted to play for Miami. However Saban ignored Mcnair's comments and decided to go the Culpepper route. We can all see how that worked out!

I think a lot of fans make excuses for people just because they have more knowledge than fans. For years I had to hear lets give Fielder one more year. I don't have to see years and years of bad decisions to know if its good or not.

Also I have only seen one game when the team actually made ajustments that worked. That was the second half of the detroit game. I am kind of glad the season ended like this because now we won't have to hear all this hype in the off season about Saban and the 6 game winning streak!

jac3477 said:
No! Hindsight is 20 20 and Saban did what he could with the medical information he had. CUlpepper was the better choice at the time (obviously not now, but as smart as Saban is he cant tell the future) Brees simply beat the odds and did it very well. Culpepper went against the odds and is rehabing terribly. Noone could have expected that.

Saban has brought in players you never expected to be good

hindsight my butt. Our season was over when scrooge signed a cheaper culpepper than brees. Imagine if we signed brees. Do you think culpepper can put up the numbers next year that brees is putting up this year with a worse team than what we have. i don't think so. I think saban has a man crush on the "atheletic qb" instead of the pocket passer qb. look at his qb's from lsu. i am not a fan of the "atheletic qb" in the pros. I'll take a brees any day.

HelloMotto said:
hindsight my butt. Our season was over when scrooge signed a cheaper culpepper than brees. Imagine if we signed brees. Do you think culpepper can put up the numbers next year that brees is putting up this year with a worse team than what we have. i don't think so. I think saban has a man crush on the "atheletic qb" instead of the pocket passer qb. look at his qb's from lsu. i am not a fan of the "atheletic qb" in the pros. I'll take a brees any day.

hahahahaha, as soon as we lose you show up again to spread some more of your love....

Back
Top Bottom