Baker feels he's gone. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baker feels he's gone.

NO! I reallly like baker, and Ogden gets my vote out of the city, every time he is back returning punts i cringe, Get this guy out of here and keep Baker

You really have to feel for a guy like Baker, that has made some mistakes in his personal life, in the past, but has seeemingly gotten his life together, and has worked as hard as any player to get to the NFL level. I would really hate to see him get cut again. This guy looks so good catching the ball. Don't do it Wanny!!!

Man I feel ya..I think Baker can do some things for us...

Does this make any sence to anyone? The guy has caught 3 more passes than AJ and Jeff, for 60 more yards then the 2. He has averaged 4 more yards on punt returns, and 3 more yards on kick returns then the other 2, but he isn't even getting a chance. If Jeff Ogden makes this team again I will get very angry.

If the final spot is between AJ, Baker and Ogden, my choice would be AJ, anyway.

I like Baker as well and if he gets cut, I`m sure he`ll be picked up by another team. The kid HAS had injury problems.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
If the final spot is between AJ, Baker and Ogden, my choice would be AJ, anyway.

I like Baker as well and if he gets cut, I`m sure he`ll be picked up by another team. The kid HAS had injury problems.

I rather have Baker because I see more potential in him as receiver than AJ ...My ideal situation if they both in the roster.......

I just dont know why he isn't getting a chance he has out performed the other 2 every time they let him on the feild.

Tell Tell from Alex:

Q: Do you think Robert Baker will make the final cut? Marc Byrne, Tampa

A: The competition between Baker, Jeff Ogden and Albert Johnson for the fifth receiver spot is going down to the wire, as Thursday's exhibition finale against Chicago could be the deciding factor. Johnson is faster and Ogden is more proven, but Baker has played well enough that he should land with another team if he doesn't stick with the Dolphins.

He had that outstanding 2nd half against the Saints scrubs....seemed that after that, he was inconsistant.

But against what kind of competition? Baker may be ok, but he hasn't proven he is solid in regular games and Ogden has. If Jay is more comfortable with Ogden, keep Ogden.

Originally posted by Phinstd
But against what kind of competition? Baker may be ok, but he hasn't proven he is solid in regular games and Ogden has. If Jay is more comfortable with Ogden, keep Ogden.

Baker did play at the end of last season..he caught a pass or two, but didn't get much of a chance..I think if he got the chance he could be special..But like most..he needs the chance..unfortunately we may see him again...and he may make us pay..But as usual we develope players and then send them to other teams polished.

The whole thing about the 5th receiver is that he will most likely never take the field in Norv's offense. So Baker being the better receiver doesn't matter. Special teams is what matters, and AJ is the more explosive returner.

Well the moneys on ogden right now ,I have no idea why though ...lol i agree that baker has out performed them all(ogden and aj) but he has had injuries ..?..I loved what i saw from him so far this preseason and hope he gets more of a chance in the last preseason game ...In an i deal world we get rid of ogden for a seventh ? and keep baker ...hope fully aj makes it to the practice squad? That would be best cause i think that aj has something too..

Back
Top Bottom