Baker Mayfield's likely landing spots becoming more clear post-combine. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baker Mayfield's likely landing spots becoming more clear post-combine.

I've probably followed football longer than you've had a conscious memory, slick. I know why the word is used, and that no one tells the truth this time of year. The word itself is overused and it just gets annoying hearing it over and over again.
It’s almost as if people use the term to deny a team is actually interested in a player they themselves would be against drafting. Yeah some of these may be smokescreens but you know some of it may actually be genuine interest.

Last edited:
OK, everyone....honest question....give me your TOP FIVE QBs in this draft.....and at the end of the list put ONE SLEEPER who might end up as good as any of them. Is there a "Brady 199" in this class anywhere? OK, I'll take a stab first, but honestly, it's pretty much the names we've been dealing with at the top of the draft....

1 Josh Rosen
2 Sam Darnold
3 Josh Allen
4 Baker Mayfield
5 Mason Rudolph (OK, maybe Lamar Jackson, I'm really torn here!)

Sleeper: Kurt Benkert - Virginia (Is this guy even eligible? I don't hear a peep about him.) I think he had a bad senior bowl week but I do remember him carving up Miami after Miami beat Notre Dame this year. Seems to be able to make a lot of throws. He'll get drafted but probably more of a mid round guy. Any of you like him too?

Or it's reverse psychology! After having established a precedent that they don't speak with their first pick, and teams are aware of that, they pull the ole switcheroo!

Stay tuned! Same bat time, same bat channel!
I’ll bet everyone but Miami was ignoring Harris lol A smokescreen was not needed to ensure Harris was available.

OK, everyone....honest question....give me your TOP FIVE QBs in this draft.....and at the end of the list put ONE SLEEPER who might end up as good as any of them. Is there a "Brady 199" in this class anywhere? OK, I'll take a stab first, but honestly, it's pretty much the names we've been dealing with at the top of the draft....

1 Josh Rosen
2 Sam Darnold
3 Josh Allen
4 Baker Mayfield
5 Mason Rudolph (OK, maybe Lamar Jackson, I'm really torn here!)

Sleeper: Kurt Benkert - Virginia (Is this guy even eligible? I don't hear a peep about him.) I think he had a bad senior bowl week but I do remember him carving up Miami after Miami beat Notre Dame this year. Seems to be able to make a lot of throws. He'll get drafted but probably more of a mid round guy. Any of you like him too?

FINALLY, another Benkert fan. Yes, I do like him, and yes, he's eligible. He's at the combine. He does many things very well, but none spectacularly. And he had an awful bowl game. But it's difficult to find a lot of flaws with him.

1) Josh Rosen
2) Baker Mayfield
3) Sam Darnold
4) Lamar Jackson
5) Mason Rudolph

Sleepers:

Kurt Benkert
Logan Whiteside

Do it. Go get him. Period. End.

With the way the NFL is currently set up and with RPO's looking to become more and more the thing, Mayfield makes so much sense. Bill Bellichick is considered the defensive genius of this era, for good reason, and he didn't have an answer for Philly's RPO offense.

You've got to know that MIami payed attention to that. The Dolphins, like every other team in the NFL, have been chasing the Patriots for two decades now. Mayfield could be a big part of the answer for closing the gap in a huge way.

With the way the NFL is currently set up and with RPO's looking to become more and more the thing, Mayfield makes so much sense. Bill Bellichick is considered the defensive genius of this era, for good reason, and he didn't have an answer for Philly's RPO offense.

You've got to know that MIami payed attention to that. The Dolphins, like every other team in the NFL, have been chasing the Patriots for two decades now. Mayfield could be a big part of the answer for closing the gap in a huge way.

This.

I am a big backer of Tannehill, and firmly believe that he can QB a championship team. But the last QB I felt as strongly (positively) about as I do as Mayfield was Ben Roethlisberger.

Anybody else catch that picture of Mayfield in a Dolphins uni with a Dolphins flag running past Belichick heading to plant it at midfield at Gilette stadium.

5 stars for that one

DXaJ91YVMAEpj34.jpg
mayfield.jpg

Could Lamar Jackson fall into the second round? I'd prefer trading down -- not up -- and getting the extra pick(s) than trading up.

Let’s see. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt, Emmett Smith, Jerry Rice etc etc.
Yep, all Jags
I’ll bet everyone but Miami was ignoring Harris lol A smokescreen was not needed to ensure Harris was available.

Yeah sure. No one thought much of Harris except Miami. I wasn’t crazy about the pick, but he was considered one of the top edge rushers in that draft, regardless of your opinion and your post is uninformed.

Back
Top Bottom