Baker the latest to go under the knife | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baker the latest to go under the knife

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
from http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia

WR Robert Baker had surgery May 3 on his right knee. Surgeons repaired a small ligament tear and removed loose bodies and scar tissue. Baker had surgery on the knee in 1999 to repair two torn ligaments. Last season Baker split time on the Dolphins active roster and the practice squad. He had no catches last season. Baker was cut on Sept. 2. The Dolphins signed him again two days later.

he was having good camp :(

Re: what is your opinion about daryl?

Originally posted by dolfan06
think he can comeback to his old self?:confused:
I think he can be an effective run stopper at DE and pocket pusher at DT in passing downs, but I cannot see him talking Pro Bowl at DE - which is unfortunate considering he would have started if he played all last year like he started.

Re: Re: what is your opinion about daryl?

Originally posted by dolphan39
I think he can be an effective run stopper at DE and pocket pusher at DT in passing downs, but I cannot see him talking Pro Bowl at DE - which is unfortunate considering he would have started if he played all last year like he started.
i don't think the probowl is that important, just as long as he helps the fins win;)

Re: Re: Re: what is your opinion about daryl?

i don't think the probowl is that important, just as long as he helps the fins win;)
one interesting stat to watch from DG if he does end up starting at LDE is batted down passes. At 6'6" and not likely to pile up the sacks he should be able to get in the way of lots of right-handed QB's passes.

really, i would like to see what shaq could do on a football field!
supposedly, the NFL should get better TEs or DEs or the like since the NBA no longer needs guys like Charles Oakley who are big, tough guys, cannot jump at 6'6"-6'8" 250+ to play power forward.

but I think he could beat out Weaver and Mayes for our starting TE spot ;)

Back
Top Bottom