Baker wants to be a dolphin | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baker wants to be a dolphin

"Ante" up.
I love "that guy" .

Relishes in the chance to correct a grammatical error when we live in an era where, legit, every single form of communication is spell checked.

So one slipped through on the OP, who cares....

I get the appreciation for doing things right and not being ignorant, but MAYBE, it doesnt shed as much light on your brilliance as you may think when "policing".

I almost hope you respond to this by correcting some sort of sentence structure or missed comma.

But....

This constant need in our society to always be "right" or to go out of one's way to "correct" people.

This internet thing has given every single person the potential for an anonymous voice, which IMO, is not a good thing.

Our society is going to hell, everyone better..

ANTI-UP!!!!

I love "that guy" .

Relishes in the chance to correct a grammatical error when we live in an era where, legit, every single form of communication is spell checked.

So one slipped through on the OP, who cares....

I get the appreciation for doing things right and not being ignorant, but MAYBE, it doesnt shed as much light on your brilliance as you may think when "policing".

I almost hope you respond to this by correcting some sort of sentence structure or missed comma.

But....

This constant need in our society to always be "right" or to go out of one's way to "correct" people.

This internet thing has given every single person the potential for an anonymous voice, which IMO, is not a good thing.

Our society is going to hell, everyone better..

ANTI-UP!!!!

Didn't give it all that much thought, but good looking out!

Let me approach it from another way.

Why do you think some QBs have come out and said that they do not want to play for the Browns (or other team that can't get its act together)? If it were all about the QB, it wouldn't matter where they went. Everything would change when they got there. They take that position because they know that the Browns have been unable to put together a quality supporting cast (players and coaches) and that is critical for a QB's success, especially a young QB. They fear having their career ruined by getting stuck in a bad situation.

The team matters. Fix that first, then see what you have and go get the QB if that is what is missing.

Obviously the team matters. But you're thinking is backwards and you make it sound as if a team sucks, then you shouldn't draft or get a QB until they are better. And you make it seem as if a team can not improve after said QB has been obtained. And you make it seem as if we can just find a franchise QB in any year, it doesn't work like that so matter how awesome or terrible a team is, if you have a chance to obtain a franchise QB, you do it.

Obviously the team matters. But you're thinking is backwards and you make it sound as if a team sucks, then you shouldn't draft or get a QB until they are better. And you make it seem as if a team can not improve after said QB has been obtained. And you make it seem as if we can just find a franchise QB in any year, it doesn't work like that so matter how awesome or terrible a team is, if you have a chance to obtain a franchise QB, you do it.

Who has the magic decoder ring that determines which are franchise QBs? How do you ensure that even if you get a franchise QB, he won't be ruined?

Was David Carr a bad pick or a great pick put in an no win situation? I'm sure Houston was convinced they had their franchise QB. How about Luck? Did he get 'Lucked' by being in Indy? RGIII? He was a lock. Bad choice? Bad team?

On top of all that, Miami has a QB that is good enough to win with. When you have crap at QB, it makes more sense to make. the pick.

BTW, there are a ton of people on this message board that act like the team doesn't matter. If I had a dollar for every time I read this bullshit phrase:

- a great QB makes the players around him better

Rumor floating now is that the Browns love Baker Mayfield and may even take him first overall.

Which of course, at this time of year, makes me think "SMOKESCREEN."

But whichever quarterback that team drafts, hooo, I'm sorry kid.

Who has the magic decoder ring that determines which are franchise QBs? How do you ensure that even if you get a franchise QB, he won't be ruined?

Was David Carr a bad pick or a great pick put in an no win situation? I'm sure Houston was convinced they had their franchise QB. How about Luck? Did he get 'Lucked' by being in Indy? RGIII? He was a lock. Bad choice? Bad team?

On top of all that, Miami has a QB that is good enough to win with. When you have crap at QB, it makes more sense to make. the pick.

BTW, there are a ton of people on this message board that act like the team doesn't matter. If I had a dollar for every time I read this bullshit phrase:

- a great QB makes the players around him better

David Carr played on several other teams throughout his career so it wasn't just the team, he just wasn't a good NFL QB. Same thing with Brady Quinn, several different teams, several different chances, same results. Speaking of Luck and RG3, didn't they lead their teams to the post season their rookie years? And RG3, he never had the build to last in the NFL, I saw that coming a mile away and wanted no part in him. Also Kirk Cousins seems to be doing just fine there. Luck is still one of the best young QB in the league and anyone who thinks he won't bounce back is a hater of his. He has shown way more than Tannehill has and we know luck is in a much worse situation.

Last edited:
David Carr played on several other teams throughout his career so it wasn't just the team, he just wasn't a good NFL QB.

He was already ruined by then. He was never given another chance to start, with is typical in that situation.

Same thing with Brady Quinn, several different teams, several different chances, same results. Speaking of Luck and RG3, didn't they lead their teams to the post season their rookie years?

Where are they now? One is out of football and the other can't throw.

And RG3, he never had the build to last in the NFL, I saw that coming a mile away and wanted no part in him. Also Kirk Cousins seems to be doing just fine there.

Only a Dolphins fan would rag on Tannehill for the team's record, then proclaim that the 26-30-1 Kirk Cousins was doing just fine. You just cannot make this crap up.

Luck is still one of the best young QB in the league and anyone who thinks he won't bounce back is a hater of his. He has shown way more than Tannehill has and we know luck is in a much worse situation.

Luck was in a better situation for the first three years of his career and only joined Tannehill in football hell in his last two years. His record during that stretch? 10-12.

Regarding injuries, another topic where so many Dolphins fans are unable to be consistent. Tannehill is recovering from a knee injury that is commonplace in the NFL and has an excellent prognosis. He got burned by trying to avoid surgery but the injury was not severe. He is already running, throwing, etc.

Luck is recovering from a injury to his throwing shoulder. His recovery has been a mess. The shoulder is now a chronic injury. The injury started at the beginning of the 2015 season. The injury lingered until surgery in Jan of 2017.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/02/andrew-luck-shoulder-injury-colts-rehab-timetable

Here is a recent update on his shoulder issue. https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/29...lts-shoulder-rehab-surgery-injury-return-2018

surgery in Jan. 2017 that the Colts believed wouldn’t jeopardize his chances of playing in the upcoming season. The return took much longer than anyone expected and he didn’t return to practice until October.

However, he continued to feel pain in his shoulder during practice and was placed on injured reserve on Nov. 2.

However, he hasn’t started throwing a football yet and there was a noticeable differencebetween the size of his left and right arms:
He didn’t offer a timetable on his return to throwing.

"I'd like to start as soon as I can. I know that's a vague answer,” Luck said. "I'm very optimistic. I plan on being ready for everything [in the offseason]."

He was already ruined by then. He was never given another chance to start, with is typical in that situation.

Where are they now? One is out of football and the other can't throw.

Only a Dolphins fan would rag on Tannehill for the team's record, then proclaim that the 26-30-1 Kirk Cousins was doing just fine. You just cannot make this crap up.

Luck was in a better situation for the first three years of his career and only joined Tannehill in football hell in his last two years. His record during that stretch? 10-12.

Regarding injuries, another topic where so many Dolphins fans are unable to be consistent. Tannehill is recovering from a knee injury that is commonplace in the NFL and has an excellent prognosis. He got burned by trying to avoid surgery but the injury was not severe. He is already running, throwing, etc.

Luck is recovering from a injury to his throwing shoulder. His recovery has been a mess. The shoulder is now a chronic injury. The injury started at the beginning of the 2015 season. The injury lingered until surgery in Jan of 2017.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/02/andrew-luck-shoulder-injury-colts-rehab-timetable

Here is a recent update on his shoulder issue. https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/29...lts-shoulder-rehab-surgery-injury-return-2018

Haha you realize that the Colts were the worst team in the league when they drafted luck right? How else did they get the #1 pick lol. So to say that team was good is hilarious to me.

Also, if you are comparing Tannehill situation to the Colts team as of recently, it's not even close, the Colts have way more issues than we do.

Cousins has the stats to prove he's better than Tannehill and the skins don't even view him as a franchise QB. What does that say about Tannehill? And they both have similar winning percentage. Both have made playoffs once, although Tannehill has had more playing time.

Like the skins, I just don't think Tannehill is good enough to be a consistent winning/ playoff team. 2018 is make or break for him.

Last edited:
Haha you realize that the Colts were the worst team in the league when they drafted luck right? How else did they get the #1 pick lol. So to say that team was good is hilarious to me.

Given a choice between TY Hilton, and Reggie Wayne or Hartline and Bess, I know who I would choose.

Also, if you are comparing Tannehill situation to the Colts team as of recently, it's not even close, the Colts have way more issues than we do.

Cousins has the stats to prove he's better than Tannehill and the skins don't even view him as a franchise QB. What does that say about Tannehill? And they both have similar winning percentage. Both have made playoffs once, although Tannehill has had more playing time.

Like the skins, I just don't think Tannehill is good enough to be a consistent winning/ playoff team. 2018 is make or break for him.

So is Cousins doing just fine or not? You can't seem to make up your mind.

Given a choice between TY Hilton, and Reggie Wayne or Hartline and Bess, I know who I would choose.

So is Cousins doing just fine or not? You can't seem to make up your mind.

Yes he has given what he has been through. But that's a different conversation entirely. My point was, you made it seem as if the skins ruined RG3, and I countered with exhibit A. Kirk Cousins who has been the more steady dependable QB between him and RG3 and cousins is working with even less now. We have got way off topic. Our QB can use a upgrade, even in the first round if the right QB is there. If Tannehill was a good enough QB then do you really think we wouldn't always be disucssing this? This board is about 50-50 on him and throughout the league its even less believers. Like I said, if he played like rivers and even though we still go 8-8, then there would be no questions because it would be obvious that the QB is not the problem. I don't think Tannehill is a big issue for us, but is part of the solution?

If Tannehill was a good enough QB then do you really think we wouldn't always be disucssing this?

Yes, because he is a good enough QB and we are discussing it. What we are not doing is getting a consistent argument from the Tannehill detractors. There is a whole lot of inconsistency when discussing QBs and a whole lot of the "grass is always greener on the other side" mentality.

At the beginning of 2016, the media in Miami was harping on the QB to the new HC. Gase literally laughed in their faces and told them that they have no idea what they are talking about when if comes to QBs. What happened? Very good season by Tannehill and a surprising 10-6 record by the team. We all saw what happened when Tannehill was replaced by an inferior QB.

At this point in the off-season I am ok with them drafting either Allen or Mayfield in the first round, tannehill will be 30 when next season starts and not sure if the knee will be the same, plus gives us options if Tannehill does improve a lot we could develop either one and trade them or Tannehill for picks and draft a qb again to develop, but it’s good to have options and protection Incase of injury

At this point, it's looking like the top 4 QBs will go in first six picks. Not a bad thing for Miami, that only leaves six other players before their pick.

Yes, because he is a good enough QB and we are discussing it. What we are not doing is getting a consistent argument from the Tannehill detractors. There is a whole lot of inconsistency when discussing QBs and a whole lot of the "grass is always greener on the other side" mentality.

At the beginning of 2016, the media in Miami was harping on the QB to the new HC. Gase literally laughed in their faces and told them that they have no idea what they are talking about when if comes to QBs. What happened? Very good season by Tannehill and a surprising 10-6 record by the team. We all saw what happened when Tannehill was replaced by an inferior QB.

I'm not saying to dump Tannehill, he's definitely the starting QB in 2018. I'm saying it's not a bad idea to draft a QB early because at the very least we could a potential very good backup. No one on our team is irreplaceable, including Tannehill.

It's starting to feel like the chiefs with Alex Smith, delaying the inevitable of just moving on from Tannehill.

And yes this is a team sport but teams need leaders to take them to the next level, not sure Tannehill is that guy to win us a superbowl and I'm tired of just being a middle of the pack football team. Other teams don't fear Tannehill, they don't worry about leaving too much time on the clock for him, defense coordinators don't lose sleep over him.

Is Tannehill even better than Tyrod Taylor? You can make that argument either way.

Back
Top Bottom