Baldinger On Wilkins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldinger On Wilkins

The sack by Harris was a nice play. 3 guys went to Wilkins leaving Harris 1on1 with a ton of space.

I've read some non complimentary scribblings on Wilkins from Dolphins fans but I don't get it.

Yes, he has a lot to learn (who doesn't) but the kid is doing a fine job and will only get better, especially if pressure from elsewhere starts pulling blockers away from him.

I've got some high hopes for this D-line and he is a huge part of it. Still need that consistent pass rush pressure from the outside though.

I've read some non complimentary scribblings on Wilkins from Dolphins fans but I don't get it.

Yes, he has a lot to learn (who doesn't) but the kid is doing a fine job and will only get better, especially if pressure from elsewhere starts pulling blockers away from him.

I've got some high hopes for this D-line and he is a huge part of it. Still need that consistent pass rush pressure from the outside though.

I feel like some people expect him to be disruptive like a young Suh was but that's not the type of player he is, nor is that what his role in the D will be

oh don't tell FH that young players need to learn and develop. its Aug 17th and every young player outside of Preston Williams is a bust now right? what's up with Minkah!? **** off everything is new to everyone, so some fans need to pump their brakes

His body type and style of play remind me of Warren Sapp. Anybody else see this?

Wilkins is the real deal.

So is Minkah. The criticisms he gets are confounding. He’s going to line up all over the place and the opponent will have a hard time keeping track of his versatility. These are two guys with high character and leadership ability.

We have a long way to go, but there are some nice pieces on D. Love 55 at linebacker. Howard speaks for itself.

Nkemdiche can be a nice piece if he figures out the opportunity he has.

I am excited about so many hopefully -good- young players on this team.

It was the little things but I saw a lot of positives in last night's game, even though in typical Dolphins fashion, they opted to screw up rather than score.

Lots to build on I think and I'm still excited about the prospects of our very young guards.

I was hoping Wilkins would have declared in 2018, but decided to stay for his Senior year. He was one of my favorite draft eligible players and am excited he was chosen by Miami in 2019. Lots to like about him. He's got lots of versatility with a position coach that knows how to use him.

The difficult part for rookies is the long NFL season. There aren't many rooks who can play 16 games without "hitting the wall". Even with platooning them its tough for them the first year. The way it looks we will have a lot of rookies playing this season.It's going to be hard to keep them all fresh!

Back
Top Bottom