Baldinger On Wilkins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldinger On Wilkins

Dare I say this could end up a good to very good Dline.

I agree with you and it will point to three things if it happens.

First, that dumb azz wide nine was garbage, as we all knew. Second, the players we let go (wake, Quinn, Hayes) we’re primed to be replaced. Finally, we have a staff capable of coaching.

If they can do that, and somehow stabilize the OL, the entire coaching staff will deserve accolades, bonuses, and superhero outfits.

I really have no worries about Wilkins don't know why I just think he'll show up

We are seeing the difference in good coaching now. It's been a long time since we've seen it around here.

Wasn’t sapp more of a shoot the gap, pressure the QB DT?

From what I have seen, they are asking Wilkins to occupy blockers so other people can make plays.

Baldinger been sending some love the Fins way lately. I appreciate his breakdown of Wilkins the other night, I was unable to see the game. That LB stunt, a New England specialty, where the LB blocks the OL on Wilkins, the RB chases the LB, allowing Wilkins to slide into that A gap and into the face of the QB was pretty slick. It's as much a highlight of Wilkins as it is Flores.

Wasn’t sapp more of a shoot the gap, pressure the QB DT?

From what I have seen, they are asking Wilkins to occupy blockers so other people can make plays.

That may be the role he is asked to play for the fins, but his effectiveness in college as a run stopper and pass rusher generally came from lateral quickness, which is his forte.

Back
Top Bottom