Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape

Can you elaborate. I'm pretty sure we got 2 1s and a 2 for Tunsil, plus we unloaded the Stills contract.

That's not even getting into the fact that we would have had to pay Tunsil, probably, minimum 15 mil per, with 40-50 gauranteed.

It was a no brainer, given the situation.

The term "shopping him" is also inaccurate.
It was a joke...
I was more referring to the Fitzpatrick trade anyways. I was never a huge Tunsil fan in the first place, we robbed the Texans. O'Brien is delusional, and it was proved even more by that horrible Hopkins trade.

It was a joke...
I was more referring to the Fitzpatrick trade anyways. I was never a huge Tunsil fan in the first place, we robbed the Texans. O'Brien is delusional, and it was proved even more by that horrible Hopkins trade.
What he has done to the Texans is hard to fathom. Truly bizarre.

I doubt the Fitzpatrick trade was the Fins preference, and it would appear we did well (luckily) with the pick we got in return.

That’s great coaching by the oline coach...

Fair to say you're seeing signs the OL coach is doing a good job?

I was really concerned re Marshall before the season but it does seem he's doing at least a decent job, yes?

BTW I saw you noted Van Ginkel and Gaskin back in '19 as projected most improved in '20.

Fairly good call on your part. I liked what Ginkel was showing last night. Kid plays with some urgency...

The PI called on Jackson should have been a hands to the face or face mask called on the defensive player. He hooked Jacksons face mask with his fingers. BS Call.

Think we are taking the same call, yes Def player first to grab around the face mask then it was good to see Jackson take no **** by replying back. Said in chat either no call or call both it was BS.
Good to see he has a bit of mongrel in him and no backing down, also regards the club play in the OP video.
Kindley the same and also improving each week.
Noticed Hunt in as an extra OL on short yardage so a good sign that he will also step up.

Think we are taking the same call, yes Def player first to grab around the face mask then it was good to see Jackson take no **** by replying back. Said in chat either no call or call both it was BS.
Good to see he has a bit of mongrel in him and no backing down, also regards the club play in the OP video.
Kindley the same and also improving each week.
Noticed Hunt in as an extra OL on short yardage so a good sign that he will also step up.
Yeah, I noticed they've been playing Hunt in short yardage and Goal Line situations. It may take some time for Hunt to get more acclimated to the NFL. Still not sure where he fits. Especially since Kindley has won the RG Spot. I suppose it's a good problem to have. Still not sold on him as a RT.

As for Jackson, great makeup for a LT. He's an excellent pass protector and an aggressive run blocker.

Told you this kid was going to be a beast of a left tackle.

What I like is if you stop it right at the 1:33 mark when Baldy pauses his tape - you see Jackson’s helmet lower than a Josh Allen’s the instant contact is made. This is a powerful position.

It allows Jackson to be in the DE’s ‘strike zone’ and deliver his punch upwards into the chest plate. That’s great coaching by the oline coach, and a lot of talent in Austin Jackson to coach up. You have to be a natural knee bender to make it look that easy.
Good call Slimm..The argument and dismissal of this young man from the top 15 talk I didn’t understand, heard a lot of “he’s too raw, not strong enough, got his ass whooped by Espenesa, project“

I thought his ceiling was as good as anyone in the draft..

Imo, Based on what he is as a football player and athlete, how he projects on the field, combined with his character, his age, his movement skills, and his aggressive nature, Imo his ceiling is just as high as any of lineman that went in front of him..

all this kid needs is someone to show him true hand technique and you have a pro bowl tackle In two years, the character reassures me that the work ethic will be there, and when you have hi level talent and the work ethic, chances increase greatly of becoming what you project, and he projects so so good..

20 years old...****ing great pick at 18

When someone offers two firsts and a second for him?

By the way? That other first-round pick they got back for Tunsil? It's currently the #6 pick in the 2021 draft.
Holy hell, everyone just calm the **** down. It was a joke
here's another one... why didn't the lifeguard save the drowning hippie? A... He was too far out man..
I still think my previous joke was funnier.

Back
Top Bottom