Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape

When someone offers two firsts and a second for him?

By the way? That other first-round pick they got back for Tunsil? It's currently the #6 pick in the 2021 draft.
I'm rooting my ass off against Houston this year. Get a great pick, with the added bonus of O'Brien looking even dumber.

That Hopkins trade :bobdole:

Yeah, I noticed they've been playing Hunt in short yardage and Goal Line situations. It may take some time for Hunt to get more acclimated to the NFL. Still not sure where he fits. Especially since Kindley has won the RG Spot. I suppose it's a good problem to have. Still not sold on him as a RT.

As for Jackson, great makeup for a LT. He's an excellent pass protector and an aggressive run blocker.
Nice catch! I missed that. Yeah, Hunt is a mauler for sure. Glad to see him getting some reps. NFL pass pro is tough stuff, and jumping from Louisiana Lafayette to the NFL is quite a big leap. I have no idea why Daniel Jeramiah called him a "plug and play" guy, because nothing could be further from the truth. We need to be patient and let him adjust and learn his pass pro.

Jackson has played well given his age and the difficulty of his position. The thing that has impressed me the most this season is that our starting 5 was set week 1. None of them have been perfect, but it says a lot when you have a guy like Hunt sitting on the bench because you simply don’t need him (outside of a 6th blocker). Our OL is starting to play like a unit; there is a lot of room for improvement, but I have been impressed with what I have seen so far.

Tunsil and Jackson aren’t even close to the same level on the field right now.

Only hiccup in Tunsils game is his propensity to rock back pre snap resulting in a lot of false starts.

some good stuff there. I agree that at times he could try to engage sooner, specially with smaller/fast rushers but he's still very young and learning fast.

No question Jackson feared Chaisson's speed around the edge and totally altered his set up many times. I saw that during the game but it showed up more dramatically on the end zone view. Note that Jackson actually hindered his own cause because when he flared wide open on those plays he was too far to his right, essentially leaving Chaisson a direct path.

Interesting that he had no fear of Josh Allen. But as I noted leading up to the draft Chaisson has enormous amount of respect among his peers, bordering on awe. Austin Jackson no doubt remembers Chaisson dating to early 2017 when USC recruited Chaisson at the same time Jackson was recruited. In fact, USC managed to get Chaisson's final visit, just a few days before signing day. There was lots of hype on USC forums that he would be a late flip. But Chaisson went to LSU anyway.

I often like to apply the situational aspect when it isn't obvious, especially in regard to playground pecking order. Austin Jackson probably never knew a darn thing about Josh Allen entering college so he treats him just like another guy, even though Allen was drafted much earlier in the first round than Chaisson was.

I wish the Dolphins would draft more Pac 12 kids. There is tons of talent out there. Jackson became somewhat undervalued exiting the season based on the Iowa bowl game and matchup with Epenesa. But the entire USC program was in a funk entering that game. Maybe you had to be an alum or close follower of the school to fully understand that. I emphasized it in the Draft Forum, that Jackson's effort against Iowa meant nothing. The frustration with Clay Helton had reached extreme level and then it looked like an escape route was imminent, and potentially even Urban Meyer. Great, Clay, you beat UCLA. Now get out of here. Instead the school wobbled for several days after that UCLA game and then decided to keep Helton. The fan uproar was unlike anything I'd seen since associating with the school 40 years ago. There was nearly a full month between that Helton decision and the bowl game. There was no chance the football team didn't hear and sense the dismay and outrage among the fan base. The overall effort reflected as much.

Yeah, I noticed they've been playing Hunt in short yardage and Goal Line situations. It may take some time for Hunt to get more acclimated to the NFL. Still not sure where he fits. Especially since Kindley has won the RG Spot. I suppose it's a good problem to have. Still not sold on him as a RT.

As for Jackson, great makeup for a LT. He's an excellent pass protector and an aggressive run blocker.

Regards Hunt I previously said they may not wanted to start 2 rookies on the right side, especially as Tua is only 1 play away from being in the game. Also Hunt coming from a smaller school as you stated might take longer to acclimatise to NFL.
If he can't beat out Davis then is there a chance he could be switched to LG to pressure Flowers to justify his contract?

I think Solomon has out played him by just a hair.
Both doing a great job though.

I disagree. Jackson has outplayed Solomon. Solomon has a mean streak and the never quit attitude that will make him a good guard. He is just very raw at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom