Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldy breaks down Austin Jackson Jaguars tape

without knowing the exact number i'd guess there were upwards of 20 FAs/draft picks. hitting on 1 or 2 isn't gonna get it done.
Can't even have that discussion, without defining "hitting on".

That's the main problem with blanket statements.

Does hitting on mean elite? Solid starter through the rookie deal? With the team for a decade? A 1 time pro bowler? 3 times?

Does hitting on a rd4 pick mean the same thing as a rd1 pick?

We have absolutely not been stellar with our drafts. No arguement there.

I do wish I had the time to dig up some of those negative posts about Jackson and how everyone loved tua but hated the beef.
I hear ya, but what would really be the point? Throw it back in thier face?

Many posters that opined negatively on the pick have, to their credit, started to change their view.

Others won't admit they were wrong about a guy, until he's being fitted for the gold jacket, if then.

It is what it is.

He's playing better than Tunsil did in his first 3 games and against some good talent too. I'm pretty happy about this pick and I was a little surprised when we drafted him.
I'm not sure thats really a valid comparison. LTs first 3 (most of his rookie season, actually. I think he may have gotten work a T, due to a Brandon Albert injury) games were at the gaurd position, which he didn't play in college.

I do agree, contrary to what someone else posted, his ceiling is every bit as high as Tunsil's. I think LT has topped out.

Tunsil and Jackson aren’t even close to the same level on the field right now.

Only hiccup in Tunsils game is his propensity to rock back pre snap resulting in a lot of false starts.
Jackson has been a pleasant surprise.
I was nervous about the pick but understood it because of the need and he was best OT Available.

My other first guess complaints:
Would’ve tried to move up a 2-3 spots for Lamb but we held for Jackson.

Loved CEH but we went Iggy and I love the kid. He’s a #1 CB IMO.

Would’ve gone Chin Winfield or A Davis over R Davis. This Defense would be better with a true FS. I think it’s biggest MISS of draft.
Draft was loaded. We see about the Texas kid TBD imo.
R Davis is a space eater imo. Not dynamic. Let’s see.

Flowers isn’t going anywhere. Him and Shaq Lawsons salary structure next year virtually guarantees they will be dolphins in 2021.
Flowers is fine. I think he is playing well. Lawson is another story. It was a bad signing to begin with. He is a bad athlete and has no explosiveness. I hated him as a prospect when he was coming into the league during the 2016 draft. I wish they could get out of his contract right now. He is a blaring example of a bad free agent signing.

Jackson has been a pleasant surprise.
I was nervous about the pick but understood it because of the need and he was best OT Available.

My other first guess complaints:
Would’ve tried to move up a 2-3 spots for Lamb but we held for Jackson.

Loved CEH but we went Iggy and I love the kid. He’s a #1 CB IMO.

Would’ve gone Chin Winfield or A Davis over R Davis. This Defense would be better with a true FS. I think it’s biggest MISS of draft.
Draft was loaded. We see about the Texas kid TBD imo.
R Davis is a space eater imo. Not dynamic. Let’s see.

Brandon Jones got very positive reviews in limited TC, and he played his most snaps of the year on Thursday. He's coming on.

Back
Top Bottom