Baldy: Why teams shouldn't overlook Fins, 'fear the beard' in 2020 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baldy: Why teams shouldn't overlook Fins, 'fear the beard' in 2020

We ended the season on a 55% winning streak beating playoff teams on the way (should have beat the jets, damn refs lol) ... IF that momentum continues we should be in for an 8-10 win season ...

New blood ... new offense ... surprise on our side ... unfortunate we have to get through the first 6 games before it gets "softer" but if (I know, a bunch of "if's) we can go 3-3 I see 5-6 more we could win and who knows a hiccup here or there in our favor ...

Stranger things have happened

I was optimistic until the preseason cancellation. I’m a little nervous about the OL now. Could be a slow start.

I kept wondering who Baldy was. The guy they kept calling Baldy or the bald guy with the huge forehead.

Flores needs to win 8 or 9 games to impress me.
To me, this is not at all a roster devoid of talent, particularly on defense, so if Coach Flo really is a defensive mastermind and a quality NFL head coach, he should be able to go out there and win 8 or 9 games.
If this team wins 7 games, to me the coach is just not special. The roster has enough talent to where a great coach could take it to a wild card game.

To me, this is not at all a roster devoid of talent, particularly on defense, so if Coach Flo really is a defensive mastermind and a quality NFL head coach, he should be able to go out there and win 8 or 9 games.
If this team wins 7 games, to me the coach is just not special. The roster has enough talent to where a great coach could take it to a wild card game.
I could see your point of view, in a general sense, under normal circumstances, but there are several things working against him this particular year.

We will have more new faces than any other team in tge NFL.

That wouldn't be so bad, except that we weren't able to have rookie camps, OTAs, minicamp, etc. There will be almost no time for the coaches to work on technique with the rookies, and that hurts more than many ppl realize.

We also have a very tough schedule. You can say these "strengh of schedule" rankings are flawed, and I would agree that they don't always work out the way predicted. There is no doubt, however, we do play a lot of very good teams, particularly early, before the new faces have time to become cohesive units.

I'm going to judge by where we are at the end of the season. If thats less than a 9 wins and a playoff berth, so be it.

Last edited:
I could see your point of view, in a general sense, under normal circumstances, but there are several things working against him this particular year.

We will have more new faces than any other team in tge NFL.

That wouldn't be so bad, except that we weren't able to have rookie camps, OTAs, minicamp, etc. There will be almost no time for the coaches to work on technique with the rookies, and that hurts more than many ppl realize.

We also have a very tough schedule. You can say these "strengh of schedule" rankings are flawed, and I would agree that they don't always work out the way predicted. There is no doubt, however, we do play a lot of very good teams, particularly early, before the new faces have time to become cohesive units.

I'm going to judge by where we are at the end of the season. If thats less than a 9 wins and a playoff berth, so be it.
Agree. Have to also account for developing young players. That's more critical right now than wins and losses. Young players will make mistakes, but hopefully learn and grow from those experiences.

There is a reason Vegas has us at 6 wins and it's not because of Flores.

It is very likely that half of our starters are new additions. And I think you are underestimating the effect that having reduced team activities/no preseason could have in dealing with so many new players. Other teams are not experiencing nearly this level of turnover.

The combination of these two factors is a recipe for a slow start.

And the offensive line, which has been our biggest problem for years, is a big question mark. We solidified 2 spots with actual NFL starting caliber talent, but the other 3 are works in progress.

Either those 3 spots are going to be rookies, or they are going to be filled by the same sub par talent that was part of the worst offensive line I've ever seen from last year.

We still don't know who will win out, but as of now, it seems like both of our Tackles will be rookies. And the first NFL action they see against an opposing team will be game 1 of the regular season.

I am judging this team not on a specific number of wins, but how they progress as the season goes on.

This was always going to be a two year rebuilding process once we traded away our whole team to build up around 4 years worth of draft capital over a 2 year span.

I'm obviously hoping for the best, but just enjoy the ride because I do believe we are building something special here. Next year is when **** gets real.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom