Ballage is a Scrub | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ballage is a Scrub

I think he screwed up the flea flicker today.

It seemed like the timing was all off.

I think he was supposed to run up to the line of scrimmage, wait a beat, then toss it back to Rosen.

He took a couple of steps, turned around, and pitched it back. No tempo.

Rosen still made a good play, but, if executed properly, it could have been yuge.

I am wondering if the Chargers would like to discuss a swap of Gordon for Drake + a late pick.

Gordon can keep holding out at that point and we can talk in the off season. He’s got 4-5 prime years left.

Josh Rosen needs help now though.

I am not a huge Gordon guy but he’s pretty good. I’m just a big fan of winning trades.
If grier could pull this off id pay Gordon to sit out the rest of this season. Come back fresh and paid!

If grier could pull this off id pay Gordon to sit out the rest of this season. Come back fresh and paid!

Not sure how long he’s planning to holdout. Chargers don’t like to pay anyone so I get it.

We gotta start paying someone by next year.

Someone’s gotta blink eventually.

Both RBs will be replaced next year. Neither is a long term answer. Maybe Drake comes back if he's at a reasonable price but not as a starter.

Another Tbum gem - right Grier groper? I know you’re snooping around here somewhere you sneaky little techno neon wristband wearing devotee.... come on out. Take your medicine.

Another Tbum gem - right Grier groper? I know you’re snooping around here somewhere you sneaky little techno neon wristband wearing devotee.... come on out. Take your medicine.

LOL. OK hillbilly!

At this point I pretty much have forgotten Ballage's first name

but I'll admit I liked the pick at the time (based on his general physicality

and obvious speed) but the kid needs some kinda hole or crease and isn't the type

who can fabricate yards on his own... Chris told me the kid is "nasty" once he gets up

to speed and has a top end gear that's "excellent" for his size/weight. That's why we

used pick #131 on him -- not a bad bet. Beyond that he's a quality dude and

clean as a whistle... Get the kid some beef up front and not get assaulted

as soon as the pig is in his hands and --- watch and learn -- 2 or 3

big runs a game and at least 1TD on his scorecard!

Just keep in mind -- we're taking R4 here and not a future ALL Pro but

a productive piece in a well developed puzzle...

Core issue is OL. Plain and simple.

I am wondering if the Chargers would like to discuss a swap of Gordon for Drake + a late pick.

Gordon can keep holding out at that point and we can talk in the off season. He’s got 4-5 prime years left.

Josh Rosen needs help now though.

I am not a huge Gordon guy but he’s pretty good. I’m just a big fan of winning trades.

Once you get past the fact that he was a well-known back entering the league and he didn't bust, you have to realize that Gordon is a pretty average back based on his production, which is in a good offense to boot. That would be fine by itself except that he obviously thinks he's a top end back.

LOL. OK hillbilly!

and obvious speed) but the kid needs some kinda hole or crease and isn't the type

who can fabricate yards on his own... Chris told me the kid is "nasty" once he gets up

to speed and has a top end gear that's "excellent" for his size/weight. That's why we

I don't regret taking him, but now that I've seen him on the field I don't see him being a member of the team in the future rebuild.

Once you get past the fact that he was a well-known back entering the league and he didn't bust, you have to realize that Gordon is a pretty average back based on his production, which is in a good offense to boot. That would be fine by itself except that he obviously thinks he's a top end back.
Happily for my fantasy team (I drafted him late and sat him on my bench), Mr. Gordon is reporting tomorrow. He won't play against us (yay!), but he will start next week and relegate Austin Ekeler back to second string (one of the best performers of my main competition in my division).

Win, win, and win, baby!

LOL. OK hillbilly!

In other words Grier told you he was drafting Eric Dickerson instead of Karen Ballage and you still can’t tell the difference :lol:

Allow me to trouble you one more question if I may - why is the OL still the core issue?

In other words Grier told you he was drafting Eric Dickerson instead of Karen Ballage and you still can’t tell the difference :lol:

Allow me to trouble you one more question if I may - why is the OL still the core issue?

The OL has been the OBVIOUS albatross of the FO and no doubt
Mister Grier has probably had a finger or two in that pie. But

we went from Philbin's wussy specs to Gase's reliance on
fatty has beens and have just fundamentally lacked

the basic core football discipline to address the OL and make it
a priority... Way back Parcells and the punk made a "statement"

with not soLong Jake #1 and Sparano kind of focused on the OL
but revolving door he's gone and revert to Philbin pathology.

Chris told me that's why he wanted Reggie because "the dude
loves to sniff OL" and he's pretty dang good at it.

I'm old. And I love great OL play. But it will probably be in the
afterlife when I see that again in Miami...

But I hope.

Back
Top Bottom