Ballage last chance | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ballage last chance

youve seen it around here...people asking to or saying they'd be fine with trading drake. i think drake is dynamic in space but we through both personnel and scheme are not able to create any
I have, and I agree with you.

I just dislike any referring to Ballage and Drake as if they are similar quality players.

His 53 career carries are enough to give up on him. He’s been in the league for a year and 3 games not sure why he hasn’t put up hof numbers by now. Lol you guys are too much.... let the guy develop and build a line. He’s cheap, there’s no reason why he doesn’t stay on the team as a 3rd or 4th be at the least. He has size and speed, two things you can’t teach. He has to learn to use his size better but cut him some slack it’s not like the line is opening up huge holes and he’s missing them, he’s getting hit in the backfield and so is drake. Just because he’s not trucking 6 people and juking our people for 50 yard gains doesn’t mean he’s bad. He’ll never be a Zeke/Barkley/Gurley type but don’t see why he can’t be a contributor in a committee.
I'm all for giving a guy time to develop into a well rounded player, but, usually there is some quality aspect to build upon.

What aspect, in your opinion, is he good at to build upon?

He is cheap. I'll give you that, but from what I've seen, aside from impressive open field speed, I don't see much. Apoarently the staff does though, so I have to assume he is at least assignment sound, and I will give credit where due. He doesn't get embarred in pass pro, the way Drake many times does.

I just think we can do better.

I have, and I agree with you.

I just dislike any referring to Ballage and Drake as if they are similar quality players.
I think Ballage is physically the more talented out the two backs, My problem is if you bench him where are you gonna go? Mark Walton is trash in my mind, Who knows maybe we should bring back Jay train I didn't think we should have let him go in the first place lol

Also you have to factor in that most NFL teams have a first down back and a passing down back.. Usually the passing down backs average more then the first down back because they fear the pass and are usually playing softer fronts on defense on 3rd and longs. Its a weird system but one of the problems New England is running into is Sony Michel has only been thrown one ball teams know its a run when he is in the game.. I have sony michel in fantasy and this pass catching running back and grinder system is flawed imo..

I think Ballage is physically the more talented out the two backs, My problem is if you bench him where are you gonna go? Mark Walton is trash in my mind, Who knows maybe we should bring back Jay train I didn't think we should have let him go in the first place lol
Maybe physically more imposing, but Ballage doesn't have 25% of the running back talent Drake has.

He'll get released after the season when they're trying to win again. No room for useless players on teams that aren't actively trying to embarrass themselves. He needs to polish up that resumé because his days in the NFL are all but over.

Honestly, is there anything he does well? I can't think of a single aspect of his game that would lead me to believe there would be any moticum of success in the NFL. At least the backs that can't run or break tackles can usually block and catch. :lol:
He’s a freak athlete.... that’s about it

I can't wait for them to give Laird and Walton a chance to show what they can do. We already know what we have(or not have) with Ballage and Drake.

Walton wont give you much as a runner behind this line, but he’ll give you a solid receiving option and a solid pass protector from the RB position . . . Plus he plays with a toughness that the other 2 guys, especially Ballage, seem to lack so far this year.

Ballage has 17 rushes for 22 yards.

If you take away his 75 yard rush last year he has 52 rushes for 138 yards in his career. That's ~2.7 ypc for his career.

Given the number of RB’s on the roster and Ballage performance how long until he’s lost chance? Not just in the running game but in the passing game as well. I never saw what the hype was about.
I am one of the morons who bought into the hype. I spent a little money buying up some of his premium rookie autographed cards in the hopes it would pay off. Unfortunately the cards are really thick and will not serve as a substitute for TP.

Back
Top Bottom