Ballage Tries To Overtake Drake For Dolphins Rb Job | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ballage Tries To Overtake Drake For Dolphins Rb Job

I'm happy to have Ballage on the team, but my gut feeling is that he is about 75% the RB that Kenyan Drake is (at most).

Whatever is going on with Drake is between the ears, not talent-related.

This shouldn't even be getting discussed as a competition. YMMV.
Unless Ballage has surpassed Drake's woeful pass pro skills. Add to that Drake's aversion to taking the 3-4 tough yards inside, when that is the right choice situationally.

I like Drake, but he is not a top tier back. I don't know that Ballage is either, but if Flores sees something there, who are we to argue?

Unless Ballage has surpassed Drake's woeful pass pro skills. Add to that Drake's aversion to taking the 3-4 tough yards inside, when that is the right choice situationally.

I like Drake, but he is not a top tier back. I don't know that Ballage is either, but if Flores sees something there, who are we to argue?
I've seen him be effective in pass pro, so I know he can do it.

I know he can just take the 3 or 4 yard gain. I've seen him do it.

Like I said, it's between his ears.

Anyone see tannabum on espn talking about how great backs can be found anywhere in the draft? Like the Dolphins found 2 great ones in Ballage and Drake. Lol. No knock on the backs. Just funny to listen to him toot his own horn when he did nothing as a gm in the NFL.[/QUOTE

For as big of a failure as he was as a GM, he's right about the running back thing. I would never draft a running back in the first round, especially in the top half of the first round.

I've seen him be effective in pass pro, so I know he can do it.

I know he can just take the 3 or 4 yard gain. I've seen him do it.

Like I said, it's between his ears.

"Between the ears" is pretty important to Flores, if I read him correctly.

I guess we really shouldn't read too much into training camp reps. For all I know it's all a head game, and KD willbe the opening day starter with 20+ touches. Only time will tell.

What difference does it make who the running back is when you don't have a legitimate starting QB.

Are you saying just because you don’t think the team has a legitimate starting quarterback then they don’t need any other position? Is it your opinion that regardless of who our starting quarterback is neither of them are capable of handing the ball off to a running back?

The difference it makes is every team needs a running game and if we have two running back’s that can get the job done then that’s one less piece of the puzzle we need. #duh

Are you saying just because you don’t think the team has a legitimate starting quarterback then they don’t need any other position? Is it your opinion that regardless of who our starting quarterback is neither of them are capable of handing the ball off to a running back?

The difference it makes is every team needs a running game and if we have two running back’s that can get the job done then that’s one less piece of the puzzle we need. #duh
Who the starting running back is pretty much inconsequential on a bad team without a franchise QB. It wouldn't matter, in this day and age, if Jim Brown was your starting running back if you don't have a franchise type QB. Plus, running back is the easiest position on the whole team to find productive players at.

For as big of a failure as he was as a GM, he's right about the running back thing. I would never draft a running back in the first round, especially in the top half of the first round.
You should if you get top tier talent like an Ezekiel Elliott, Saquon Barkley, Adrian Peterson, Christian McCaffrey, Barry Sanders, Ricky Williams, Todd Gurley, and so forth.

You should if you get top tier talent like an Ezekiel Elliott, Saquon Barkley, Adrian Peterson, Christian McCaffrey, Barry Sanders, Ricky Williams, Todd Gurley, and so forth.
You don't need top tier talent at running back to have a successful team.

I'm not wasting precious first round draft capital on the least important position on my team when I can find all kinds of talented players at that position all trough the draft. Not to mention the bargain you would be getting on a rookie contract of a first round player at a more vital position like QB, pass rusher, left tackle or cornerback.

That is an impressive list you have there.

So tell me, how many of those guys have that big ring?

Back
Top Bottom