Barnwell: Why You Can Throw Out Rosen's 2018 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barnwell: Why You Can Throw Out Rosen's 2018

OTOH it would be even more interesting if Murray craps the bed and/or gets broken in half while by game 9 despite all the sacks, Rosen ends up playing lights out?

I wouldn’t want Murray to get broken in half
or play horribly as I think he’ll be an incredibly entertaining player to watch if his game translates.

If Rosen plays lights out that would obviously be great. Not sure the question?

My biggest problem with the trade is now the Dolphin's have muddled the decision of drafting a qb in the first round next season. What, in the front office's mind, would qualify as enough from Rosen's play to make them bypass the opportunity to draft a qb next season? I want the Dolphins to take a qb in the first round next year regardless of Rosen being on the roster. I want them to understand that most likely the qb's in next year's class will be better prospects than Rosen and better equipped to carry a franchise with their talent ala Pat Mahomes. I see Rosen, in a best case scenario, as a Jerad Goff type qb who could be solid when the system around him is great, but I am afraid that this inept front office wouldn't be smart enough or bold enough to take a chance on taking a transformative prospect at qb even when it is staring them in the face.

Well said - if we can replicate an offensive system that scores 25+ a game with Rosen then I don’t care if I’m “wrong” about the trade. I’ll be happy.

I just don’t want us to settle and compromise and ignore a strong QB Class because we’re committed to the Rosen experiment.

Well said - if we can replicate an offensive system that scores 25+ a game with Rosen then I don’t care if I’m “wrong” about the trade. I’ll be happy.

I just don’t want us to settle and compromise and ignore a strong QB Class because we’re committed to the Rosen experiment.
Let me tell you everytime you draft a qb its an experiment, alot of you guys are failing to understand this. Maybe trevor lawrence is the next guarantee like luck or manning, but the guys next year are no different then the class last year outside of baker his moxy is contagious but his physical skills are no better or worse than darnold or rosen

With you 100. Rosen would have to play well enough to keep Miami from having a shot at a top QB - taking the choice out of my hands. If I'm in position to draft a QB in 2020, I'm doing it.
That's the dilemma. What happens if he plays just well enough to cast doubt on pulling the trigger next year? Then they may end up passing on a franchise altering qb because they "might" have their answer in Rosen.

That's the dilemma. What happens if he plays just well enough to cast doubt on pulling the trigger next year? Then they may end up passing on a franchise altering qb because they "might" have their answer in Rosen.
Then we pull the trigger on trevor in 21 who looks like the next coming of football jesus. Either way we arent going to the superbowl in 2 or 3 years

From our perspective, it's something to worry about for sure, but from the perspective of judging the move I don't think it's fair to knock it because of how it might affect future moves.

Then we pull the trigger on trevor in 21 who looks like the next coming of football jesus. Either way we arent going to the superbowl in 2 or 3 years
Really? Don't you think there will be strong competition for Lawrence? The next draft looks to have multiple great choices at qb and Miami might not be in better position, between their record and their extra draft choices, to pull the trigger on another qb .

Yes but we have a ton of picks we can keep rolling, and if we are as bad as you say we are with this current regime we will be picking first for the next couple of years. No qb in next years draft is any different than the 18 class outside of mayfield. Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Fromm, Tua, etc etc are all the same type of prospects, none are guaranteed to be franchise and all have small knocks on there games. Might as well take one of these a year early for free and see where it gets you its a win win.

I like this video as well...

It seems like he picked up a number of bad habits last season that were not really there before.

High Potential in that.

From our perspective, it's something to worry about for sure, but from the perspective of judging the move I don't think it's fair to knock it because of how it might affect future moves.
But then you can say you criticize the overall strategy... semantics

But then you can say you criticize the overall strategy... semantics

Except, they could still take a QB in 2020. Until they bypass a better QB prospect (like Tua), I don't see how it makes sense to criticize the trade as though it precludes them from upgrading QB in 2020.

When you acquire a player by draft, FA, or trade, you're dealing with ranges of possibilities. When you have an opportunity to acquire a QB with a real chance at such a low price, you do it. If a QB with a better range of possible comes along in 2020, you upgrade the most important position.

Back
Top Bottom