Barry Jackson: Plenty Of Dolphins Veterans On The Roster Bubble | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Plenty Of Dolphins Veterans On The Roster Bubble

I can't see Kiko getting outright cut, regardless of cash savings. But if they get a 4th/5th for him, I see a move made. Maybe even let him go for a 6th, depending on how much they want to throw the newbs in the fire.

Hurns is out, and he even alluded to it as much when they asked him a few days ago. Butler probably as well.

Agree with the poster who said all our bubble players are trash. Lol.

A fourth or fifth for Kiki? Really? We are looking at a 7th next year if anything

Yeah, I think he could fetch a 5th for a team making a serious superbowl push - he makes mistakes, but his splash plays on an absolute garbage team have been undervalued around here.

But perhaps a 6th/7th is more realistic? Do they move him for a low pick, though? He's still arguably our 2nd best LB after Baker.

I’d cut all of hurns butler and mills. maybe Spence. And that would largely depend on how close nkemdiche is

Id probably p squad Adolphus Washington

I see Kiko being traded before any release.
Kiko is a liability in the passing game, I don't think he holds much trade value, unless they are willing to eat cap, he may stick around. Good backup on non-passing downs. He can get sideline to sideline but I think the play of Eguavoen has pretty much rendered him expendable at this point.

Do you think that Barry Jackson's article is just him speculating or maybe someone within the Dolphins inner sanctum deliberately leaked these names to put some heat on some veteran players to see how they respond? Coach Flores observed Belichick for many years and while Bill is extremely non-communicative to the media, sometimes deliberate leaks via trusted lieutenants probably occur to see how the players respond.
This may be akin to applying heat in certain chemical experiments. You stand back and watch what happens.
The only one I could see them possibly trying to light a fire under on that list would be McMillan.

Yeah, I think he could fetch a 5th for a team making a serious superbowl push - he makes mistakes, but his splash plays on an absolute garbage team have been undervalued around here.

But perhaps a 6th/7th is more realistic? Do they move him for a low pick, though? He's still arguably our 2nd best LB after Baker.
He's terrible in coverage. I think if they scheme like the Pats, there's going to be a lot of 2 LB sets and if that's the case, he isn't making it on the field. We need LB's that can drop and cover, he's not one of them. I liked the current combo of Baker and Eguavoen playing together, those two were all over the place.

He's terrible in coverage. I think if they scheme like the Pats, there's going to be a lot of 2 LB sets and if that's the case, he isn't making it on the field. We need LB's that can drop and cover, he's not one of them. I liked the current combo of Baker and Eguavoen playing together, those two were all over the place.

I don't disagree too much with anything said here.

With that said, he still has value, and will continue to get playtime in this league. He'll make plays... he could be a solid 3rd LB for a team making a deep run in the playoffs.

Kiko made a few plays here and there I liked him when he was first here. But over the past two years he has been more of a liability than a playmaker in his time. He makes a good play but then disappears for long stretches. It is this thing where we were never secure with him playing on defense, we still sucked royally. That and his knack for diving at sliding qbs and letting tight ends have career games is not something Flores will let slide

I don't disagree too much with anything said here.

With that said, he still has value, and will continue to get playtime in this league. He'll make plays... he could be a solid 3rd LB for a team making a deep run in the playoffs.
I agree he still does have some value, just not sure it's with us. How much someones willing to give up knowing his flaws, that's a tough one. It would be nice to get something for him. In a pass-heavy league, his options will be limited given his deficiencies in the passing game.

Back
Top Bottom